You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recently finished a rewatch. Think it was the third time I've seen it all the way through. I remember watching the final episode live - at the time I was disappointed with the final series, I wanted blood and guts and gun fights. I couldn't even rewind the end as I was watching on Freeview back then. 

I definitely appreciate it now lve been able to watch it in my own time all these years later. 

Probably the best TV show ever, (though I love The Shield as much).

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Recently finished a rewatch. Think it was the third time I've seen it all the way through. I remember watching the final episode live - at the time I was disappointed with the final series, I wanted blood and guts and gun fights. I couldn't even rewind the end as I was watching on Freeview back then. 

I definitely appreciate it now lve been able to watch it in my own time all these years later. 

Probably the best TV show ever, (though I love The Shield as much).

I remember watching the final episode of series 4 were carmela and Tony split and being disappointed. Leading up to it it looked like the episode would be about Johnny sac and Tony killing carmine.

Instead it switched up and the episode was about Tony and carmela. I was disappointed.

However when I rewatched it a year later I was stunned how good it was

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I remember watching the final episode of series 4 were carmela and Tony split and being disappointed. Leading up to it it looked like the episode would be about Johnny sac and Tony killing carmine.

Instead it switched up and the episode was about Tony and carmela. I was disappointed.

However when I rewatched it a year later I was stunned how good it was

Yeah it's funny. Waiting a week for an episode back then - it was an eternity, and momentum was lost. Plus it's not like now - for this rewatch after each episode I've read the AV Club rewatch reviews, and all the comments. 

Plus maybe I appreciate it more now I'm older. Probably helps that I generally know what's going to happen - the final series and episode was like a cup final. Anything could have happened, and probably could never live up to the hype and expectation.

Watching it now, the final episode is a masterpiece. Even though I know how it's going to end, the final 30 minutes had me completely tense. I still remember sitting in my flat when the episode originally ended and thinking, "what the fuck?". I obviously wasn't the only one! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 10:20, johnsusername said:

Yeah it's funny. Waiting a week for an episode back then - it was an eternity, and momentum was lost. Plus it's not like now - for this rewatch after each episode I've read the AV Club rewatch reviews, and all the comments. 

Plus maybe I appreciate it more now I'm older. Probably helps that I generally know what's going to happen - the final series and episode was like a cup final. Anything could have happened, and probably could never live up to the hype and expectation.

Watching it now, the final episode is a masterpiece. Even though I know how it's going to end, the final 30 minutes had me completely tense. I still remember sitting in my flat when the episode originally ended and thinking, "what the fuck?". I obviously wasn't the only one! 

A bit late replying to this. I used to tape the sopranos every week (remember tape?!) and before each new episode, I would rewatch the week before. It was great. And I loved you were watching it at the same pace of others.

It's great to binge watch again now - even if it's a bunch of episodes rather than the whole thing. But I really enjoyed that wait and looking forward to each episode. 

Although I'm always jealous of any cunt who's never watched it.