You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've been trying audio books lately and this is my next in line, although fuck knows when I'll get to it as I'm finding they're not as easy to listen to as I thought they would be. 

I've listened to hundreds and the make or break for me is always who's narrating it, I much prefer if it's the author themselves, with Russell brand being the exception, I don't mind the fella but I couldn't listen to him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Probably posted before but Chase was talking once about how they often had to write the characters' dialogue with subtext because a lot of what they said had a double meaning. He said, in real life, the whole concept of 'breaking balls' was basically about probing for weaknesses in each other, so if you let people get away with too many snide remarks pretty soon you'd lose your sports book and be living in your car. What a life! 

A glass bottle to the side of the head usually prevents that.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Probably posted before but Chase was talking once about how they often had to write the characters' dialogue with subtext because a lot of what they said had a double meaning. He said, in real life, the whole concept of 'breaking balls' was basically about probing for weaknesses in each other, so if you let people get away with too many snide remarks pretty soon you'd lose your sports book and be living in your car. What a life! 

In some ways just lashing out every time some cunt takes a liberty would be quite refreshing, as opposed to the mental gymnastics of trying to read people's intentions and how to react in the rules of law abiding civilization.

Equally, it'd be a quick way to get battered or killed.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Elite said:

Just up to the first dream sequence episode. If I've one criticism, it's those episodes. Really don't enjoy them in the slightest.

Agree, I do like the scene where Paulie is talking Tonys ear off and he thinks it’s just a noisy neighbour in his dream. 

i also liked the panic the family and how Silvio stresses about being boss. Basically any bit that isn’t Kevin Finnerty.

18 hours ago, Elite said:

Just up to the first dream sequence episode. If I've one criticism, it's those episodes. Really don't enjoy them in the slightest.

Yeah, I always thought they ruined it and sometimes (such as pussy) used in a half arsed way to move a story along. The dream sequences when he was in a coma were fucking shit. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The scene in series one were junior OKs the hit on jimmy altieri  has a song playing called "inside of me" in the background by him. Good song as well

On 08/10/2021 at 17:51, Elite said:

I love the Test Dream, and Calling all Cars; can’t stand the Kevin Finnerty stuff except the very end when Buscemi’s at the big house and Paulie’s inane chatter brings Tony back from ten brink.

I still think that Tony on peyote in Vegas after Chrissy’s death might be a dream - total dream woman - smart, sexy, no responsibility, never mentioned before or after - sequence begins with him watching Mrs Chris breast feed (like he sees Isabella breastfeeding in season 1). All the hints about the afterlife and Livia are fantastic. 

Also quite into the idea that Dickie is dreaming/fantasising the sequences in prison with Liotta in the movie. And his little league heroism.

• Upvote 1