You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

21 hours ago, Elite said:

I watched it all over 10 years ago and liked it but didn't think it was as good as The Wire and The Shield but I'm on my first rewatch now and am absolutely loving it, it's definitely on a par with the shows I mentioned. I think you need to be a little older to fully appreciate it.

It's worth pointing out the the triggering events of this iconic TV show that has won every award and now has a movie are 1) going to see a therapist and 2) oral sex.

• Upvote 1

On 23/09/2021 at 00:33, RobbieOR said:

I went to see the film tonight. Better than I was expecting. 

8/10

Beautifully shot. Extraordinarily dense plot that moved well. Some proper funny moments (although more dramatic than comedic) and it pulled off period piece mob movie better than the Irishman. 

Not so keen on the fan service or having young versions of certain characters that don’t moved the plot along. I’ll definitely need to watch it again to pick up some subtleties.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Really enjoying the 'Talking Sopranos' podcast/videocast available on youtube with Steven Schirripa and Michael Imperioli. Seeing cast members interviewed and their stories is very interesting.

Out of rep. Didn't even know that was a thing.

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Really enjoying the 'Talking Sopranos' podcast/videocast available on youtube with Steven Schirripa and Michael Imperioli. Seeing cast members interviewed and their stories is very interesting.

Yeah it’s good I did find that Steven Schirripa comes across like a twat sometimes and had a habit of talking over people in the first few. Should go back to it as it was still very enjoyable and interesting to hear.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Yeah it’s good I did find that Steven Schirripa comes across like a twat sometimes and had a habit of talking over people in the first few. Should go back to it as it was still very enjoyable and interesting to hear.

Yeah,Schirripa is much less refined and knowledgeable than Imperioli. He'd probably argue that he is just so happy at what he achieved on the show that he gets a bit overexcited sometimes.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,Schirripa is much less refined and knowledgeable than Imperioli. He'd probably argue that he is just so happy at what he achieved on the show that he gets a bit overexcited sometimes.

Imperioli is such a cool nice intelligence dude 

9 hours ago, Kevin D said:

"I would not give him up, even if I knew where Tony B was, and I DO NOT..."

Love a good Mafia lie

Season 5 begins to show that the whole thing os lies. That is then the whole theme of season 6 - The families of Johnny, Vito and (when he’s in hospital) Tony, all cut adrift out of greed.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/oct/05/bruce-stevie-van-zandt-unrequited-infatuations

Not really about the Sopranos, but a shortish interview with van Zandt about his book. The loon.

I've been trying audio books lately and this is my next in line, although fuck knows when I'll get to it as I'm finding they're not as easy to listen to as I thought they would be. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've been trying audio books lately and this is my next in line, although fuck knows when I'll get to it as I'm finding they're not as easy to listen to as I thought they would be. 

I've never really fancied them to be honest. I'd prefer to have music on in the car, or read on the train/ at home. 

Just now, Mudface said:

I've never really fancied them to be honest. I'd prefer to have music on in the car, or read on the train/ at home. 

I walk a lot (probably 40-50 miles in the working week) and listen to some podcasts and just thought I'd give it a try. I'm on my 3rd month, 2nd book. The problem I have with it, is in essence they're no different to books in as much as you need to give it 100% attention, so as you're walking along just what happens around you is distracting. That's before you factor in whatever shit is running through your head - in my case I'll be walking between clients sites often, so the last meeting or the next is in your mind. So I don't think I'll stick with it - I'm going to give it 6 months (you get a new book each month) and see if I get to like them. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/10/2021 at 00:09, Kevin D said:

"I would not give him up, even if I knew where Tony B was, and I DO NOT..."

Love a good Mafia lie

Probably posted before but Chase was talking once about how they often had to write the characters' dialogue with subtext because a lot of what they said had a double meaning. He said, in real life, the whole concept of 'breaking balls' was basically about probing for weaknesses in each other, so if you let people get away with too many snide remarks pretty soon you'd lose your sports book and be living in your car. What a life! 

• Upvote 1