You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 11/04/2021 at 19:53, VladimirIlyich said:

Wikipedia has not got it yet. Joseph Siravo is his name.

Been updated now.

Just read that the character of Lorraine Collazo was based on a TV critic called linda stasi. Apparently she auditioned, didn't get a part then started slating the show. She was also annoyed about the lack of murders in her reviews. Hence "never enough body count, let her taste her own medicine "

On 30/03/2021 at 08:00, Carradona said:

Just finished watching it for a second time. The final three episodes are surely up there as the greatest consecutive episodes in any series. I believe he dies too.

Now time to re-watch The Wire. I watched them both about 10 years ago when I was in university and don't feel like I appreciated them enough. 

The final two episodes of Season 1 of The Wire are up there with those final three Sopranos episodes. Phenomenal TV.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 19:08, littletedwest said:

The actor who played Johnny Soprano in the flashback scenes has died apparently.

Did his screen go white or black?

8 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I've watched it through about 6 times but I've only ever watched the Wire once, I can't seem to motivate myself to watch that again.

I don't need to say what I was going to say here, mate.

• Upvote 1

Me and the missus just finished watching all of it. My second time and her first.

Now we just go around saying "whatcha gonna do" in our best New Jersey accent in every second conversation.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Me and the missus just finished watching all of it. My second time and her first.

Now we just go around saying "whatcha gonna do" in our best New Jersey accent in every second conversation.

My Bird is constantly just calling people 'Cunt' but in the exact tone Silvio calls Adriana before he whacks her.

• Upvote 1