You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

170171310_4031470903540644_7043621570470227730_n.jpg

The jaaaaaaaaaaaaacket!

He took that jacket from Rocco DiMeo. Cocksucker had the toughest reputation in Essex County. But he never came back after Richie was through with him.

• Upvote 1

A documentary on Netflix called Fear City absolutely blew my mind. It has secret recordings of the original mafia. The Sopranos took loads of the stories and put them in the show. What really excited me was a secret recording of a family boss called Tony. It sounds exactly like James Gandolfini after season one. He must have had voice coaching or something. He grew into the role and probably sat at home researching how to improve. I’ve never seen acting like it since.

But watch that documentary.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

A documentary on Netflix called Fear City absolutely blew my mind. It has secret recordings of the original mafia. The Sopranos took loads of the stories and put them in the show. What really excited me was a secret recording of a family boss called Tony. It sounds exactly like James Gandolfini after season one. He must have had voice coaching or something. He grew into the role and probably sat at home researching how to improve. I’ve never seen acting like it since.

Cheers,will do

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Yeah Gandolfini doesn't talk much like Tony, in other films and interviews he seems to actually have a bit of a lisp.

He was an incredible actor in that role, I can't see it ever being bettered.

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Didn't Paulie walnuts feed them loads of stories? 

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I was actually really disappointed in that documentary. I can't imagine how they could have presented that information in any more of a bland way. 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

I was actually really disappointed in that documentary. I can't imagine how they could have presented that information in any more of a bland way. 

I thought it was good. It’s a Netflix documentary so it’s never going to be as good as some on the bbc like Storyville, but its pretty enjoyable.

And if you disagree, as I say, get to the park and I’ll see you there.

50 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I thought it was good. It’s a Netflix documentary so it’s never going to be as good as some on the bbc like Storyville, but its pretty enjoyable.

And if you disagree, as I say, get to the park and I’ll see you there.

Spoiling for one you, aren’t you?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah Gandolfini doesn't talk much like Tony, in other films and interviews he seems to actually have a bit of a lisp.

He was an incredible actor in that role, I can't see it ever being bettered.

I the first episode, he dubs over the scenes and his voice is different. Its JG rather than TS. It’s a good first episode, but he and the show really evolved into a darker deeper place.