You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha  I'd like to see him and Annie Road in the octagon. 

level 1

I grew up in Patterson NJ, there was a guy called Rocco DiMeo, had a reputation as the toughest guy in Essex county. Not after I got through with him. This was in the 70s and I was 5’4”, Rocco was 6’2”. He used to walk around in this beautiful leather jacket but I took it off him. It was a little big on me but people said that with the belt I looked like Rommel.

You think Annie road could take this guy?

124f1bd1bc00a37744b0dbf9440ec174.png

1 hour ago, Chris said:

He had no enemies left. You think Paulie and Patsy were really that savvy to make a deal with the Lupertazis?

Or Butchie sold him out all along. 

The way the guy in the Members Only Jacket entered ahead of AJ and then went to the toilet, there’s no way he didn’t Michael Corleone him. 

28 minutes ago, aws said:

Don't stop believin', Chris. Particularly when one of the other jukebox songs was "I'm alive". 

Alternatively, the notice board when he’s with Junior in the asylum

”Next.... The Last Supper”. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Or Butchie sold him out all along. 

The way the guy in the Members Only Jacket entered ahead of AJ and then went to the toilet, there’s no way he didn’t Michael Corleone him. 

"There's differences Chris-tuh-fuh between this and the Luca Brassi Michael Corleone situation."

• Upvote 1

We’re probably going over old ground but if he was whacked who would take over? NJ doesn’t have many / any credible candidates left, Paulie would be a disaster but could be a useful idiot to any NY family who wants to control them. 

I can imagine the other mob bosses sanctioning the hit on Tony, he created a

lot of noise in his short tenure as boss. They could easily want someone more stable perhaps Patsy?

3 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

We’re probably going over old ground but if he was whacked who would take over? NJ doesn’t have many / any credible candidates left, Paulie would be a disaster but could be a useful idiot to any NY family who wants to control them. 

lot of noise in his short tenure as boss. They could easily want someone more stable perhaps Patsy?

Effectively, Jersey becomes the "glorified crew" New York always derides them as. Probably someone like Patsy, gets to keep his action while kicking up to New York.

15 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

The only way I've ever really believed the 'Tony died' theory is that the heads of the other families sanctioned the hit for taking out the head of a five families family without the others' say so.

Episode 1 of the last season a man wearing a members only jacket (Eugene) shoots a fat man with the initials TS in an eating establishment.

The guy in the diner at the end I'd wearing a members only jacket.

Bobby says "you probably don't hear it when it happens"

The first scene of the last episode looks like tony is in a coffin, with what sounds like funeral music.

I'd say he dies

27 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Episode 1 of the last season a man wearing a members only jacket (Eugene) shoots a fat man with the initials TS in an eating establishment.

The guy in the diner at the end I'd wearing a members only jacket.

Bobby says "you probably don't hear it when it happens"

The first scene of the last episode looks like tony is in a coffin, with what sounds like funeral music.

I'd say he dies

I agree for the points above and go along with Chris’ comments too. 

it’s just a fantastic show from start to finish and for me nothing on TV is as close to its quality from start to finish.

Just finished watching it for a second time. The final three episodes are surely up there as the greatest consecutive episodes in any series. I believe he dies too.

Now time to re-watch The Wire. I watched them both about 10 years ago when I was in university and don't feel like I appreciated them enough. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carradona said:

Just finished watching it for a second time. The final three episodes are surely up there as the greatest consecutive episodes in any series. I believe he dies too.

Now time to re-watch The Wire. I watched them both about 10 years ago when I was in university and don't feel like I appreciated them enough. 

Have you seen The Shield? It's part or that holy trinity to my mind.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Your right it is behind the waltons.

Ive got to be honest both programmes made me want to kill myself when my grandparents put them on.

Did The Waltons have anyone from Bonanza on it? Little House did.

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The Wire

The Sopranos

The Shield

The West Wing. 

The four greatest telly series ever. 

I finally got around to starting The West Wing the other week.

I struggled with how cute the dialogue was. Then I saw in the credits "Aaron Sorkin" 

Absolutely abhor his writing; it's as if Tarantino wasn't trying to write great dialogue, but just tried to show off how intelligent/funny he is. Seen him on a few chat shows as well, Colbert et al, and he's every bit the smug twat you'd imagine him to be.

• Upvote 2