You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

I'm 32, just doing my computer science degree part time. I was 11 when it started and always resist starting things that are both addictive and exceptionally lengthy, as I know I'll get hooked and do absolutely fuck all until its over. No gym, no reading, no uni work, no housework. I get really really into shows and become a complete fucking slob while I'm into one.

I can get a bit like that myself. My missus says I am like that anyway!

Some of the stuff I never noticed first time around watching this is boss. There's a bit where Junior is going to court and that old fella who looks after him says he's going to get his jacket, Junior says 'I'll get it, go and start the car or we'll be late, and I need to go upstairs and get some change for the parking'. Then he goes and steals the bloke's coat and takes some coppers out of his pocket for parking. 

"It hurts like the pit and the pendulum just to wipe myself"

"Did you hear me with my balls who could fucking eat!?" 

There's also the bit after Ralphie and Johnny Sac both nearly get killed over his weight joke about Ginny, and after it's all sorted Tony buys Carmella a piece of lingerie sized 'small'. She says she'll never fit into it but he says she will, and when she does he gets horny and they have sex. 

It's just fucking boss on every level, it works on an action level but on deeper ones too, the writing is flawless. There's shows I enjoy watching more than this these days, but pound for pound I'd have to say it's the greatest TV show ever made, bear in mind telly was shitty business back then and considered far inferior to film, this changed it all and Tony Soprano as a character is right up there in American pop lore with Brando and James Dean's finest IMO. 

• Upvote 2

The first comment on the tribute video...

True story.....While working at sleepys in levitown ny. mr. gandolfini came into my store to by a bed. I told him thank you you are my first sale of the day, he asked me how were things ?? am selling a lot ? I told him to be honest I am new and things are a bit slow, he asked me how many sales do the big shots make ?? I told him some guys can do about 20 to 30 sales a month, matbe one day I will be there...he started laughing, he then said today you are a big shot ! he then proceeded to order 30 beds from me ! they were donated to Bethany house... I have since lost my signed picture with him during my move to florida. but I THANK YOU AND WILL ALLWAYS REMEMBER THE KINDNESS YOU AFFORDED ME ! LOUIE.

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The first comment on the tribute video...

True story.....While working at sleepys in levitown ny. mr. gandolfini came into my store to by a bed. I told him thank you you are my first sale of the day, he asked me how were things ?? am selling a lot ? I told him to be honest I am new and things are a bit slow, he asked me how many sales do the big shots make ?? I told him some guys can do about 20 to 30 sales a month, matbe one day I will be there...he started laughing, he then said today you are a big shot ! he then proceeded to order 30 beds from me ! they were donated to Bethany house... I have since lost my signed picture with him during my move to florida. but I THANK YOU AND WILL ALLWAYS REMEMBER THE KINDNESS YOU AFFORDED ME ! LOUIE.

Michael Imperioli is only about 6 months older than me but looks old enough to be my Dad with his grey hair. 

45 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I plan on going to every single one of these.

The lad im going with is a Manchester United fan, he once won a lookalike competition for looking like van nisteeroy ( spelt wrong but I don't give a fuck) and went out on the pitch before their first game of the season. He ended up in a swanky bar in Manchester with the Ryan giggs lookalike. Bird who played candice in coronation Street came over chatting. Kevin Davies who played for Bolton was sat pissed chain smoking and was ignored. Despite the fact he was an actual football player. 

He's the most objective united fan I know. When we won in 2005 he said it over shadowed the 1999 comeback from them.

Anyway I know its football on the gf but fuck it

Watched the clip with Tony and Christopher and Tony stops for a piss. They stumble upon ‘the vipers’ robbing some shop ... 

“How’s your incision lieutenant ... 10-4”

”you’re fucking with the vipers asshole”

”ooohhhh is that you Boy Scout name” 

the whole scene is genius - alright now by free playing all the way through 

I'll be honest, I found the podcast dull. Watched most of 2 episodes. Steve/Bobby keeps on interrupting Michael/Christopher and I get annoyed for him. I think if they condensed the material into 15-20 minutes it might be better. That said I'll probably give it another go sometime