You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All debts public and private.

3 great lines so far

Tony - "Two industries that have tradidionally been recession proof? Sil - "Certain aspectsof the entertainment industry and our thing""

Carmine, "Another thing. John tells me he was at a cook-out at your house. A Don never wears shorts."

Bobby B, "Quasimodo predicted it all!" 

I seriously doubt he'd have said that if Gandolfini was still alive.

Interesting as my immediate reaction on watching it was he was alive, looking over his shoulder etc, but I then went full circle and was convinced he was whacked.

That fruitcake who wrote the 20 page article on it will be going nuts! 

Don't reckon he was whacked, who'd whack him? Things had been settled with the guarantee of that fella who provided the meeting place. Would be hell to pay if Butchie had broken that truce so soon with no provocation, unless it was someone who'd gone off the reservation.

Don't reckon he was whacked, who'd whack him? Things had been settled with the guarantee of that fella who provided the meeting place. Would be hell to pay if Butchie had broken that truce so soon with no provocation, unless it was someone who'd gone off the reservation.

I think he was played by the NY family (who saw the NJ mob as little more than a crew) think they used him to get rid of Phill then whacked him.

From the guardian:

It is perhaps the biggest mystery in television history. When The Sopranos ended with an abrupt blackout following a family dinner, seven years of speculation began. Had Tony finally been whacked?

Creator David Chase has always refused to give a clear answer, but for a few hours on Wednesday, it appeared as if he had changed his mind. In a lengthy piece for Vox, writer Martha P Nochimson reported that Chase had finally given her an answer to the burning question of whether Tony Soprano was dead. She wrote:

He shook his head “no”. And he said simply “No he isn’t.” That was all.

Mystery solved. Except shortly after the piece ran, Chase issued a statement to Vulture, claiming that Nochimson had misunderstood what he was saying:

A journalist for Vox misconstrued what David Chase said in their interview. To simply quote David as saying, “Tony Soprano is not dead,” is inaccurate. There is a much larger context for that statement and as such, it is not true. As David Chase has said numerous times on the record, “Whether Tony Soprano is alive or dead is not the point.” To continue to search for this answer is fruitless. The final scene of The Sopranos raises a spiritual question that has no right or wrong answer.”

So there you go. Despite a brief window of what appeared to be a definitive answer, we now know that we will never actually know if Tony Soprano died at the end of The Sopranos.

Cut to black.

bit pissed so this may make less sense than some of my other posts i make (weirdly enough) i think he is dead.

In the first episode of season six a fat guy with the initials ts (teddy spirokis) is killed in a resteraunt by a guy in a members only jacket (gene) and a guy in a members only jacket is credited at the end of made in America.

plus bobbies comment that you don't hear it when it happens. plus Tonys comment that family don't get touched yet Phil gets whacked in front of his family.

and most importantly butch is a cunt who hates Tony

I watched it when it was first on. Just watching it all again through sky box sets - I'm near the end of series one now and loving it.

It's always been my favourite programme (alongside The Shield - don't make me choose).

My favourite thing in the whole shebang is Paulie's Godfather car horn in series 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwyoywYKhLM

Reading this book as well - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sopranos-Complete-Book/dp/1933821183 - i've had it for years but only just getting around to reading it.

Just finished watching the series for about the 5th time last night.

Having watched the last scene again where Tony looked up as the Restaurant door opened and the bell rang,it seems most likely that it wasnt Meadow who came through the door. Either that or the fella who went to the toilet came out and put one in his head.

Bobby bacala getting it at the model train store was harsh. He was always just a big softie who seemed to have been roped into the life than actually wanting to be part of it.

Bobby running after junior at the funeral as he sped off was hilarious. Not to mention his outfit in pine barrens. Class character that often gets overlooked.

• Upvote 1