You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm suffering badly at the moment. I have not been to sleep for two nights running and before that I was getting a couple of hours a night at most. I feel well and truly fucked but just can't get to sleep.

Hahaha

Just noticed the Google ad at the bottom. I might get one of Weber's custom Sleep masks.

This getting bad now. I've not had any sleep for 3 days and I'm feeling like shit. It's a good job I'm off work til the 1st September because there is no way I'd be able to focus on anything and I'd be concerned about driving whilst feeling in this state.

It's been going on for about 2 months and I think I might go the Doctors and see if he can give me anything because I've tried all kinds of different thing that people have suggested but nothing has worked. Maybe I need some tablets or something because right now I'm a fucking mess.

Think I'll walk over to the local lake and get a few hours fishing in because I'm doing my nut in just sitting in bed. This is proper shite.

• 9 months later...
As we speak there are toffs on horses in China - on BBC1. This kind of thing might help the insomna. He's in a rectangle, sand on the ground, with plantpots here and there on the walls of the rectangle. He seems unable to get the horse to jump over the fence, even though it's 2 foot high. He got cheered, for doing nothing but ride in this rectangle at random.

Turns out he's an Aussie.

Exciting stuff this.

(Thants - I did see the original Wicker Man, which was very good.)

That just sounds wierd as hell but it made me laugh. As for The Wicker Man, I'm still waiting for the next remake with Toon fans and Mike Ashley, like someone was saying about when they went down. Surely it'll happen? Maybe they'll do it if Shearer walks anyway.

I can't sleep either, too hot but I just realised I'm sat here with the window almost closed after the wind kept blowing the curtains near my head. Fuck, it's cloudy and humid and it makes me really short tempered.

Ah yeah and there's just clouds on the weather forecast right up until weekend when the 5 day forecast stops, and I bet it carries on after that. What a bastard after the days we've just had.

I used to have insomnia for years too, but now I just sleep at stupid times instead. Was really bad when I was younger though, and as far as I remember it was because I kept thinking about things at night. If you can't sleep but can try and relax without thinking of stuff and keep it going long enough, that might work.

And I think I made this post deliberately long to make insomniacs bored and tired.

• 7 years later...