You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

KevieG

Your Minimum requirement for the coming season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Your Minimum requirement for the coming season?

• Win the League and do well in the cups
    • Win the League
    • Challenge for the league and do well in the cups
    • Challenge for the league
    • Top 4 and do well in the cups
    • Top 4

People seem to forget just how well we were going untill dumb and dumber started there piss take we where a lot closer last year than we finished if that makes any sense this year all being well we will do it and do it in style there will be some unbelieveable goals going in

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to forget just how well we were going untill dumb and dumber started there piss take we where a lot closer last year than we finished if that makes any sense this year all being well we will do it and do it in style there will be some unbelieveable goals going in

Like it or not it was dumb and dumber who bought Mascherano, Skrtel, Babel, Keane,Torres, Benayoun, Lucas, Leto, Degen, Dossenna, soon to be Barry and about 20 kids. That's unprecendented spending at our club whichever way you look at it. Stu can go on about this net £20m, but the other two I mentioned have spent less net than that average over the past 48 months.

Our first team is now as good as it has probably been since we last won the title.

Plus I'd like to hope that Rafa is banking on a couple of top drawer players, and thats what they are, like Keane and Barry each year. Its what we were all calling for, he's doing it and for the first time I think we can compete with United and Chelsea in terms of big name/big money quality on the pitch.

We have a front six of five 20 million pound footballers, which is what we've been saying we need for years.

Barry Mascherano

Gerrard Keane Babel(potential but who has yet to do it)

Torres

I understand Rafa is going to play this down but the time is surely now.

It's £20m a season. Everything else he's had to sell to get, not even his spoils from the Champions League coffers have increased that £20m.

If you want to catch someone and you start behind them then you need to run faster; that isn't such a difficult concept is it?

It's £20m a season. Everything else he's had to sell to get, not even his spoils from the Champions League coffers have increased that £20m.

If you want to catch someone and you start behind them then you need to run faster; that isn't such a difficult concept is it?

Stu how much more than Chelsea did United spend season 2006-2007 to catch them up? I remember them selling Nistellroy and buying Carrick and that's about it.

It doesn't matter. That's the problem here really isn't it; the futility of putting any effort in. I could be lucid and fluent and post something well crafted but it won't change anything. I could get angry; that wouldn't change anything either. What's the point of getting involved in this pathetic charade that just keeps on rolling?

No matter how many times people spend time to debunk some of the horribly simplistic thinking that goes on it just comes back again a week or so later on another initially fun thread meant for people to enjoy. And it's not just a difference of opinions, it patronises the people who feel this way to say that, and I reckon I'm in plentiful company. Jules' thread yesterday showed that even under specific instruction people still want to ruin every single thread with the same thing.

I think I know how that guy feels; the one who has to keep pushing a boulder up and down a hill for eternity.

I really don't want to post here anymore but I really don't not want to. And I write for us! Great eh?

I don't think we are good enough to win the title yet but we are improving slowly each year. Last year we showed how hard we are to beat but conceded silly goals and ended up drawing lots of matches. If we can turn some of those draws into wins then we will be closer to the top but the scum and chavs are still stronger than us at this point. We really need to strengthen the left hand side as we only have babel.

Like it or not it was dumb and dumber who bought Mascherano, Skrtel, Babel, Keane,Torres, Benayoun, Lucas, Leto, Degen, Dossenna, soon to be Barry and about 20 kids. That's unprecendented spending at our club whichever way you look at it. Stu can go on about this net £20m, but the other two I mentioned have spent less net than that average over the past 48 months.

I think you will find it was Liverpool Football Club who bought those players Rash

You can live in your bubble if you like, but neither of them have put a bean into this club mate.

If I had been in charge and willing to saddle the club with £350m worth of Debt ?

Rafa would have bought who he wanted, when he wanted, with no fuss.

You might like to stir the pot with you stupid posts regarding Dumb and dumber paying for these players but a blind man on a galloping horse knows what is going on with this club.

If all that Dumb and Dumber have to do is get there picture in the program with XYZ new signings to turn your head, I am just happy that there are a lot more people who will question and oppose these two at every juncture

PS what colour is the Sky in Rashland

It doesn't matter. That's the problem here really isn't it; the futility of putting any effort in. I could be lucid and fluent and post something well crafted but it won't change anything. I could get angry; that wouldn't change anything either. What's the point of getting involved in this pathetic charade that just keeps on rolling?

No matter how many times people spend time to debunk some of the horribly simplistic thinking that goes on it just comes back again a week or so later on another initially fun thread meant for people to enjoy. And it's not just a difference of opinions, it patronises the people who feel this way to say that, and I reckon I'm in plentiful company. Jules' thread yesterday showed that even under specific instruction people still want to ruin every single thread with the same thing.

I think I know how that guy feels; the one who has to keep pushing a boulder up and down a hill for eternity.

I really don't want to post here anymore but I really don't not want to. And I write for us! Great eh?

Window licker is right

The only solution though Monty is that the better posters post more and ignore them! Otherwise failure to post will only bring the place down. It's like saying nothing when a friend is abused by a racist or something you have to stand up to it to have any hope of changing the situation.

The time of The Reaping approaches.

There are no absolutes in footie, so how do you pin down minimum requirements ? We could be third, but on 55 points and just one or two ahead of Arsenal, Villa, Portsmouth or Spurs, whilst being 20 odd behind the top two. On the other hand we could end up 4th on 80 odd points and well ahead of the 5th place team. In general Id like to see us to continue our european form, settle in the prem early and while coming in the top 4, improve the gap between ourselves and the 5th placed team.

Winning no 19 would be nice, but I just dont think we have enough depth to do that, compared to Chelsea and United.

In the league we need to score more than 70 goals, if we can achieve that we also will challenge for the title all the way I guess, but I dont think any team can expect to win the league, so a title challenge will do me.

In the CL a quarter final is a minimum and the rest will be a bonus.

I also think its fair to expect at least one semi final in one of the domestic cups.

If we do this we will have had a season that fullfilled my minimum requirements, but hopefully we can do better than that.

• 9 months later...