You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Step Brothers: Holy Fuck!

Chris

I went to a screening of Step Brothers tonight.

My god, I don't think I've seen a funnier film in years. It's an absolute riot. Just completely, ridiculously, outrageously, unashamedly stupid. It's easily Ferrell's funniest role since Old School and John C. Reilly is just incredible alongside him.

Because of Ferrell's recent poor form, and the way the whole frat-pack scene has been stagnating in recent times, I didn't allow myself to expect to much from such a righteous trailer, but for once the trailer was just the pre-cursor, a taster, for a classic example of what makes the McKay/Apatow stable so great.

It didn't tail off through the midsection humanising of the characters, the laughs kept coming hard right until the scene during the end credits.

I shit you not, this is as funny as anything Ferrell has ever produced with as many brilliant one-liners as Superbad.

I've still got a massive grin on my face. If you like Ferrell and you assholes are ever gonna trust me with anything, trust me with this. Fucking Ace.

Ho! Is it out in the cinema then? I haven't even heard of it. 2 boss films I need to see soon: Dark Knight and Step brothers.

I'm going to Spain this evening. Time to go streaking down by the quad bikes at the gymnasium

• 1 month later...

Watched it last night and maybe I'm getting carried away but that is the best Ferrell film I've seen and I don't say that easily as I adore old school and anchorman, but it was absolutely hilarious throughout. I think I've only ever laughed that hard at dumb and dumber and Austin Powers 2 before, in fact I think it was funnier it was that good.

Ferrell back to his brilliant best.

Now lets go do karate in the garage....

Gotta say, I loved the sheer unadulterated stupidity of it all, I enjoyed the send ups of some of the classic movie moments, like the matrix camera during the fight, the zombie coming out of the grave, just complete and utter batshit insanity.

Tough to call whether I preferred this or Anchorman.

Mary Steenburgen? (Clara from back to the future) - I still would.

It had some very funny parts but, like a lot of recent Ferrell movies, was flat at times. Definitely better than the shambles that was Semi-Pro, and better than Blades of Glory.

I think I nearly swallowed my tongue laughing at the "tea bagging scene". Also, the tribute to The Matrix during the closing credits was hilarious.

This house is a fucking prison!

On Planet Bullshit!

In the galaxy of This Sucks Camel Dicks!

I went to a screening of Step Brothers tonight.

My god, I don't think I've seen a funnier film in years. It's an absolute riot. Just completely, ridiculously, outrageously, unashamedly stupid. It's easily Ferrell's funniest role since Old School and John C. Reilly is just incredible alongside him.

Because of Ferrell's recent poor form, and the way the whole frat-pack scene has been stagnating in recent times, I didn't allow myself to expect to much from such a righteous trailer, but for once the trailer was just the pre-cursor, a taster, for a classic example of what makes the McKay/Apatow stable so great.

It didn't tail off through the midsection humanising of the characters, the laughs kept coming hard right until the scene during the end credits.

I shit you not, this is as funny as anything Ferrell has ever produced with as many brilliant one-liners as Superbad.

I've still got a massive grin on my face. If you like Ferrell and you assholes are ever gonna trust me with anything, trust me with this. Fucking Ace.

On the strength of that? I'll watch it. Don't let me down Chris!!