You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFO's: do you believe?

Kopite

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

As a young lad I was obsessed with all this kind of shit. The more I read the less and less I believed. Now I believe its all bollocks, I still listen to all the mad shit off YouTube if I can't sleep, I love a campfire tale.

David Fravor’s and me is a good campfire tale to check out. 

Twice i have seen things in the sky

Fucks knows what they where and likely a good explanations

Around 5 or so years back, half the street was outside looking at some weird shapes darting around the sky and one about 20 years ago i saw something then a flash of light at it sped off. 

As i say likely a easy explanation 

Even aliens won't be my friends

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Not sure about UFO's but I think it has to be a safe bet that there's some type of extra terrestrial life out there, even in some type of microbial form at least. 

There’s quite a good chance there’s other life of that sort in the solar system, let alone the hundreds and hundreds of billions of other systems that are out there. 

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

There’s quite a good chance there’s other life of that sort in the solar system, let alone the hundreds and hundreds of billions of other systems that are out there. 

True mate, and just as or more advanced than us.

4 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Not sure about UFO's but I think it has to be a safe bet that there's some type of extra terrestrial life out there, even in some type of microbial form at least. 

It's pretty much mathematically impossible that there isn't. It's also pretty much mathematically impossible that we'll ever meet them. 

2 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Can I see your working out? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox#Intelligent_civilizations_are_too_far_apart_in_space_or_time

Read them, do loads of mushies, then head to a beach in the evening, ignore the UFOs that turn up and have a big long think about infinity, distance and time. 

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox#Intelligent_civilizations_are_too_far_apart_in_space_or_time

Read them, do loads of mushies, then head to a beach in the evening, ignore the UFOs that turn up and have a big long think about infinity, distance and time. 

BRB

I no longer believe anymore. I’m not saying there isn’t a chance that somewhere out there there is another life form, but I don’t believe we’ve been visited. All of the footage released is constantly questionable and in this day and age, with the amount of filming that takes place day to day, there would be undoubtable evidence somewhere. Instead, the evidence presented just reduces my confidence in the theory of UFOs. 

It’s a bit like the knob heads who say there are black panthers or other such big cats, roaming free across our countryside. Never any nailed on footage, and the crazy heads who run the conspiracy channels on it on YouTube devalue any argument for it - “I saw a leopard dead on the A64 between Leeds and York, but as I was filming, my battery died. Then the army turned up and removed the body and told me I hadn’t seen anything”. Absolute jabronis.