You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In the Spirits section my dear neko I got Bombay Sapphire Gin and Tanqueray London Dry. Once again the Bombay Sapphire is for when I am in a spohisticated mood, perhaps on the back porch with a Romeo y Juliet overlooking the grazing caribou, the ptarmigan and siksiks (Arctic ground hogs) and contemplating my existential position in the universe.

That, more like it, although I'd probably do a Macanudo and Highland Park neat.

The envy I have for you is unhealthy.

You should see the free samples I get.

One time a mates firm of sparkys were working there and they would come home with lemonade bottles full of stuff they had liberated. Ace.

Another good story is about a mate who runs a small engineering firm and had 5 or 6 lads doing work at the distillery. They could not get digs anywhere so the monastry offered them digs.

They would take off their oily gear at 10pm when they got in and it would be washed and pressed and laid at the end of the bed when they woke.

One saturday nightt they went out on the pop in their best gear, one boy is a bit of a fashion guru and had these 200 quid jeans full of rips and tears.

Anyway when he woke up in the morning here was his kecks beautifully sown together by one of the monks.

You should see the free samples I get.

One time a mates firm of sparkys were working there and they would come home with lemonade bottles full of stuff they had liberated. Ace.

Another good story is about a mate who runs a small engineering firm and had 5 or 6 lads doing work at the distillery. They could not get digs anywhere so the monastry offered them digs.

They would take off their oily gear at 10pm when they got in and it would be washed and pressed and laid at the end of the bed when they woke.

One saturday nightt they went out on the pop in their best gear, one boy is a bit of a fashion guru and had these 200 quid jeans full of rips and tears.

Anyway when he woke up in the morning here was his kecks beautifully sown together by one of the monks.

I've got this great desire to make it to Orkney. A good friend of mine here in Austin is from there, and he keeps saying we're going to go visit his parents.

I've got this great desire to make it to Orkney. A good friend of mine here in Austin is from there, and he keeps saying we're going to go visit his parents.

Orkney is great. Lovely people and monuments older than the pyramids.

Plus you have to get your photo taken next to the twatt sign

180px-Twatt_road_sign.jpg

This is not the one but I think the locals took down the proper one as it kept getting pinched.

Once heard of a farmer whose address was.

Mr Twatt

Twatt farm

Twatt

Orkney

Edit. Dont come in winter. That means any time excluding july and august. Even then you take your chances.

Why do they limit what you can buy, Glenn? Is it to do with the cold and the dark and everyone going a bit mental if they drink too much?

Last part is the reason; too much drink and the place goes nuts. There is really no limit to what you can barge up, but if the committee thinks it s too much they won't approve.

The current limits are, per week, per individual who is not barred from ordering:

54 335ml beer

2 40 oz (1140ml) of spirit

5 750ml wine

1 60 oz of spirit and 1 26 oz of spirit

Last part is the reason; too much drink and the place goes nuts. There is really no limit to what you can barge up, but if the committee thinks it s too much they won't approve.

The current limits are, per week, per individual who is not barred from ordering:

54 335ml beer

2 40 oz (1140ml) of spirit

5 750ml wine

1 60 oz of spirit and 1 26 oz of spirit

Fairly generous that, if someone was getting through that much a week on average, I don't think I'd be keen on them having access to guns and those things y'all snuff the seals with.

I bet it's a killer having to pay for a year's worth all at once though. I shudder to think what my annual ale budget is.

Fairly generous that, if someone was getting through that much a week on average, I don't think I'd be keen on them having access to guns and those things y'all snuff the seals with.

I bet it's a killer having to pay for a year's worth all at once though. I shudder to think what my annual ale budget is.

13373-2-4997_3.jpg

I can hear the *crack* already...

Because of where i live, and because of some changes to the Nunavut Liquor Act, and because I've got my shite together I'm getting an ale order barged up.

Now this is exciting times for me. My permit has been approved for:

15 000 ml of beer (150L)

3900ml of Vodka coolers (39L)

40 x 750ml of wine

16 x 26oz of panty removers (uhhh--make NP more attractive for wife) Sour Puss liquor and Baileys

10 x 40oz of vodka, rum, gin.

Woo Hoo happy days!

I'm going shopping on line at the Manitoba Liquor as that's where we order.

What a crate that will be!!!!

150L of beer in my house!!! That's 300 cans!!!!!

and yet , you consider yourself a drinker ..wine ,coolers ,what the fuck!!!! and as for your beer order.amatuer

I can't wait to pile the Heineken in my barge room.

I may sleep in there for a month.

My little precoiusess......

Never again suffer the ignomity of a CL game swilling Bud.

No more smuggling that wine that comes in boxes.

We MUST have pictures of said bounty. As RK said, a hero to us all. Living the dream!

Orkney is great. Lovely people and monuments older than the pyramids.

Plus you have to get your photo taken next to the twatt sign

180px-Twatt_road_sign.jpg

This is not the one but I think the locals took down the proper one as it kept getting pinched.

Once heard of a farmer whose address was.

Mr Twatt

Twatt farm

Twatt

Orkney

Edit. Dont come in winter. That means any time excluding july and august. Even then you take your chances.

Cluster Twat? Ace!