You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk Kuyt's influence inside the club.

Fugitive

Guest TK-421

Kuyt shouldn't have been taken off against Russia because in the end the superior stamina and fitness of the Russians overcame Holland, together with a great performance from Arshavin. Van Persie added nothing in that game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it quite worrying that a player who still doesn't preform for us at a high level on the pitch gets lauded so much by our support.

He scored in the last 16 against Inter Milan at Anfield, scored at the Emirites in the Quarters to make it 1-1... scored in the Semi's against Chelsea.

Is that not a high enough level for you ??

His performances for Liverpool in the final 3rd of the season have been nothing short of outstanding and I have been one of his biggest critics since hes been at the club.

Granted he's not been as good in the Premiership but to be honest there was nothing more pleasing this season than see him tuck away two pens in the onion bag against them horrible bitter bluenose bastards, my favourite moment of the season by a country mile.

I would rather have a player like Dirk Kuyt ready to give his blood and guts for the club than have some one trick pony twat who does a few stepovers then throws a big sulk and goes hiding when the chips are down.

there are a long list of them types of players.

You just a fucking weapon Xabi D.

Kuyt shouldn't have been taken off against Russia because in the end the superior stamina and fitness of the Russians overcame Holland, together with a great performance from Arshavin. Van Persie added nothing in that game.

They should have left Kuyt on, or started Van Persie and subbed Kuyt on for him at Halftime/Sixty minutes.

He scored in the last 16 against Inter Milan at Anfield' date=' scored at the Emirites in the Quarters to make it 1-1... scored in the Semi's against Chelsea.

Is that not a high enough level for you ??

[b']His performances for Liverpool in the final 3rd of the season have been nothing short of outstanding[/b] and I have been one of his biggest critics since hes been at the club.

Granted he's not been as good in the Premiership but to be honest there was nothing more pleasing this season than see him tuck away two pens in the onion bag against them horrible bitter bluenose bastards, my favourite moment of the season by a country mile.

I would rather have a player like Dirk Kuyt ready to give his blood and guts for the club than have some one trick pony twat who does a few stepovers then throws a big sulk and goes hiding when the chips are down.

there are a long list of them types of players.

You just a fucking weapon Xabi D.

Im supposed to be the weapon when your saying shit like this? :no

Im sick of this kuyt debating shit anyway goes the same way everytime

i dont think he's very good, you's lot think he's the second coming of Maradona, lets just leave it at that.

Kuyt first half of the season ran around alot created barely anything and scored fuck all goals

Kuyt secon half of the season ran around alot created barely anything and banged in a couple of goals in the CL

Thats how i see it.

Also Sneijder, Van Nistlerooy, Robben, Van Persie and Van der vaat where all better than Kuyt at the Euros for Holland therefore making him their worst attacking player there.

Kuyt at Euro 2008: 3 starts , 2 assits and 1 goal. That would make him Hollands second most productive player.

i dont think he's very good, you's lot think he's the second coming of Maradona, lets just leave it at that.

You still don't get it. He's a good footballer but we don't think he's some amazing gamebreaking footballer.

He's an excellent person and makes the whole squad play better. He does those intangibles that are necessary but not everyone does...

The Arsenal semi-final; we were getting toolboxed at Anfield and it looked like our Champions League run was going to end there because no one looked like they remembered how to play defense.

You know what turned it all around? A KUYT defensive tackle just outside our box.

He does these things, he's inspirational, and he is a lot better football than most people give him credit for...

They some people remember the first few months of the season whilst his confidence was shot and he was still grieving for his father.

He's never going to be showing world class skill but he's class. Period.

You still don't get it. He's a good footballer but we don't think he's some amazing gamebreaking footballer.

He's an excellent person and makes the whole squad play better. He does those intangibles that are necessary but not everyone does...

The Arsenal semi-final; we were getting toolboxed at Anfield and it looked like our Champions League run was going to end there because no one looked like they remembered how to play defense.

You know what turned it all around? A KUYT defensive tackle just outside our box.

He does these things, he's inspirational, and he is a lot better football than most people give him credit for...

They some people remember the first few months of the season whilst his confidence was shot and he was still grieving for his father.

He's never going to be showing world class skill but he's class. Period.

Spot on , Repped!

Robben was on the bench for the Italy and Russia game ( didn't even come on) . He started on the bench versus France and played half a match and was subbed after half a game against Romania so it appears that Van Basten also doesn't share your views.

I'm still awaiting your reply to the post above xabi d....don't have an answer for that do you?

sick of this kuyt debating shit? fuck off out of a thread that was praising his none-footballing qualities then tossface.

You know what I mean. Unless its just done subconsciously now. Maybe the years are taking their toll?

and it wasn't done subconciously, he might as well have typed it like this "He's a Legend..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(as a human being, not a footballer)"

If Robben was fully fit Van Basten would have picked him over Kuyt every fucking time, like any other sane person would.

Yeah, then Holland could have been even more poor defensively and they wouldn't have gotten knocked out so early.

Oh.

Right.

If you saw Holland and still don't understand that there's a balance to winning games then you're a lost cause.

Yeah, then Holland could have been even more poor defensively and they wouldn't have gotten knocked out so early.

Oh.

Right.

If you saw Holland and still don't understand that there's a balance to winning games then you're a lost cause.

Dont really get what your saying, both Robben and Kuyt play in the attacking third so their defensive contribution isn't that critical.

Dont really get what your saying, both Robben and Kuyt play in the attacking third so their defensive contribution isn't that critical.

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

Are you really that thick? Tracking back is CRUCIAL and if we rubbish tracking back then we can fucking kiss off ANY chance of ever winning the league again. Period.

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

Are you really that thick? Tracking back is CRUCIAL and if we rubbish tracking back then we can fucking kiss off ANY chance of ever winning the league again. Period.

Attacking players need to conserve most of the energy for what they do best, they cant keep running back like a hound dog every 5 seconds to close down Uldies De la Cruz or some other no-mark. Obviously im not naive enough to believe attacking players dont have to do any defensive work because they do have to sometimes, however it wouldn't be a key determinant for me when selecting an attacking player.

Edited by Xabi D

Obviously im not naive enough to believe attacking players dont have to do any defensive work because they do have to sometimes, however it wouldn't be a key determinant for me when selecting an attacking player.

Removed the utter bollocks.

Bolded bit:

You don't say... I would have never guessed.

Non-Bolded Bit:

Everyone has to do defensive work. You'll even see Torres defending set-pieces and the like... Or tracking into the opposition midfield position to win back a ball.

Removed the utter bollocks.

Bolded bit:

You don't say... I would have never guessed.

Non-Bolded Bit:

Everyone has to do defensive work. You'll even see Torres defending set-pieces and the like... Or tracking into the opposition midfield position to win back a ball.

Exactly thats what i said O_o