You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk Kuyt's influence inside the club.

Fugitive

Over the past few months I've read more and more interviews with Dirk about goings on inside the club regarding the team, possible signings and the progress of the squad. He seems to be the one who is interacting with the media more and I think this reflects his stature amongst the other lads.

He comes across as honest, very intelligent and a very nice lad. Considering some of the stick he took at times last season, Dirk has come a very long way is sort of a club figurehead now.

Top, top fella.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past few months I've read more and more interviews with Dirk about goings on inside the club regarding the team, possible signings and the progress of the squad. He seems to be the one who is interacting with the media more and I think this reflects his stature amongst the other lads.

He comes across as honest, very intelligent and a very nice lad. Considering some of the stick he took at times last season, Dirk has come a very long way is sort of a club figurehead now.

Top, top fella.

I agree.

I also think it is something Rafa is big on, having players who are good for the spirit of the team, take Riena for example I always had an idea he was a good laugh, but I never expected that sort of vibe from the guy. Each time I see pictures of the lads in training they always seem to be having a laugh. when in a group huddle.

He's a good guy but a 'club figurehead'? Come off it.

Well put it this way, him and Cara seem to be the most interactive players with the media. I would not go and put him as a figure-head of the club but I will say that he is the face of the modern Liverpol as far as the media is concerned.

He always honests and states what his opinion not of the clubs.

Well put it this way, him and Cara seem to be the most interactive players with the media. I would not go and put him as a figure-head of the club but I will say that he is the face of the modern Liverpol as far as the media is concerned.

He always honests and states what his opinion not of the clubs.

Which was exactly my point.

Dirk's a captain. Can't have enough of them.

LOL being sarcastic or not I am dignify that with an answer.

I do not thing that Kuyt has that influence within the team to become a captain. Saying that though I can see him leading by example for his teamates but not enough to become club captain at Liverpool.

LOL being sarcastic or not I am dignify that with an answer.

I do not thing that Kuyt has that influence within the team to become a captain. Saying that though I can see him leading by example for his teamates but not enough to become club captain at Liverpool.

There is a language barrier I think.

I wasn't being sarcastic. You have just missed my point. I wasn't saying he should be the captain, but that he is a captain. A winner. A man to rely on when things aren't going well etc.

Find it quite worrying that a player who still doesn't preform for us at a high level on the pitch gets lauded so much by our support.

I find it worrying that a player who has dug us out of some difficult situations doesn't receive yours.

I find it worrying that a player who has dug us out of some difficult situations doesn't receive yours.

He scored a few goals in the Champions league fair enough but his performance levels haven't been up to stratch for a player of Liverpool football club, cant really see how anyone could deny that.

He scored a few goals in the Champions league fair enough but his performance levels haven't been up to stratch for a player of Liverpool football club, cant really see how anyone could deny that.

If the season had stopped in February then maybe you'd have a point, I've said on other threads that I began to lose faith with Kuyt this season. But he did far more in the latter half of the season than score a few goals in the Champions League. He also did far more than run around like a headless chicken either. Cap that with his performances at the Euros, and I genuinely don't get people's beef with him.

If the season had stopped in February then maybe you'd have a point, I've said on other threads that I began to lose faith with Kuyt this season. But he did far more in the latter half of the season than score a few goals in the Champions League. He also did far more than run around like a headless chicken either. Cap that with his performances at the Euros, and I genuinely don't get people's beef with him.

As i've said before for me there was very little difference in terms of Kuyts performance levels during the first and second half of the season, the only difference was he managed to score a few goals during the second half of it. Also how can you poin to his performances at the Euros? he was probably Hollands worst attacking player there.

Top, top fella.

Good post. I was thinking the same thing when I read today's Echo article (it's in the Robbie Keane thread) - Kuyt sounds genuinely happy Keane is likely to come to Liverpool as he knows it would be good for the club, even though he's (pretty much) direct competition for his place on the team.

Great human being and actually not a bad football player.

As i've said before for me there was very little difference in terms of Kuyts performance levels during the first and second half of the season, the only difference was he managed to score a few goals during the second half of it. Also how can you poin to his performances at the Euros? he was probably Hollands worst attacking player there.

If you refuse to see an improvement in his performances then this is a pointless debate. And he was a part of one of the best attacking forces at Euro 2008, an attack where (in my opinion, of course) no single player stood out. Go and watch a replay of Holland v Italy. Or Holland v France.

but can we really wait until february for a player to come into form? i dont think Kuyt is really good enough for Liverpool but i could never knock his effort, work rate or attitude on or off the pitch.

but can we really wait until february for a player to come into form? i dont think Kuyt is really good enough for Liverpool but i could never knock his effort, work rate or attitude on or off the pitch.

If it takes him until February to find form again this season then I would understand people's frustrations. I think his poor start to last season was to do with factors that have been debated repeatedly, and I think he's found form which I think and hope will last til next season, and all the way through it.

If you refuse to see an improvement in his performances then this is a pointless debate. And he was a part of one of the best attacking forces at Euro 2008, an attack where (in my opinion, of course) no single player stood out. Go and watch a replay of Holland v Italy. Or Holland v France.

Kuyt first half of the season ran around alot created barely anything and scored fuck all goals

Kuyt secon half of the season ran around alot created barely anything and banged in a couple of goals in the CL

Thats how i see it.

Also Sneijder, Van Nistlerooy, Robben, Van Persie and Van der vaat where all better than Kuyt at the Euros for Holland therefore making him their worst attacking player there.