You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have just assembled a Greenhouse.

It is huge*, must be half the size of the palm house in sefton park.

Looked at the instructions once and memorised them.

I am now sitting back with a can of Vier (only 4% but I may be using POWER TOOLS later on) and a bacon butty.

If Jenna Jameson walked in now she could'nt give me any more pleasure than I am feeling now.

Now to put the glass in, should take about 20 minutes.

*Its 8'x6' and was a fucking nightmare to assemble, never again.

I was driving in front of a guy on the M1 last Tuesday night, in the fast lane of course, and it was getting dark. The guy behind had forgotten to put his headlights on. I flashed my rear foglights three times and he put his headlights on and flashed a "thanks mate" in return.

Grrrrr.

I dug up my lawn today. I didn't have a spade so I had to use a fork. A couple of weeks ago I cut down and disposed of a massive hawthorn hedge (10 foot high and 4 foot deep than ran down the back of the garden). I didn't have a saw so I improvised with a big knife. I'm now looking for something manly I can do in the garden with a spoon.

Whilst camping with my five year old this week I did a most un-manly (and un annyroadlike thing) and saved a mouse that was being tormented by a cat. I asked the cat to go away with the use of a berghaus hiking boot as my daughter was quite upset at the squeaks of distress emitted by the mouse.

The mouse free from its tormentor ran away to no doubt die an excruciatingly long painful death from broken ribs and punctured lungs.

Feeling most unmanly I got the kids in the car and set off back to the campsite after our walk.

The balance of the universe was restored when 200 yards down the road a cat decided to cross the road in front of my marauding Nissan Navarra. Pancake is the best way of descibing the scene.

The kids did not notice but I did.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Whilst camping with my five year old this week I did a most un-manly (and un annyroadlike thing) and saved a mouse that was being tormented by a cat. I asked the cat to go away with the use of a berghaus hiking boot as my daughter was quite upset at the squeaks of distress emitted by the mouse.

The mouse free from its tormentor ran away to no doubt die an excruciatingly long painful death from broken ribs and punctured lungs.

Feeling most unmanly I got the kids in the car and set off back to the campsite after our walk.

The balance of the universe was restored when 200 yards down the road a cat decided to cross the road in front of my marauding Nissan Navarra. Pancake is the best way of descibing the scene.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Ha ha! No guilt? A cats a bit on the big side in terms of road kill, no?

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Negged for being proud of running over a cat.

• 2 weeks later...
Today I have grouted 2 patios and stained a shed. I have backache and am breathing through my teeth a bit.

Grrr.

That's grannies work there. Yesterday I dug out 2 big tree roots. I thought I was going to die by the time I'd finished. Tomorrow I've got to move 2 tonnes of topsoil, right after I've fought (and beat) a grizzly bear.