You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, A Red said:

No, just a woman

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I suspect a defining characteristic of the partners of regular GF posters is that they are not that fussy. That’s why they picked us. 

I hate to agree with two tories however.... I do. 

Tap looks boss though 

• Upvote 1

On 07/07/2022 at 15:46, A Red said:

I bet this whole thing wasn't your idea and you were quite happy with the arrangement before. 

Twas my idea of having a tap which isn't the norm, choices were led hot and cold cold which were blue/red. Ideally I wanted a glass basin in a rectangular design but the plumbing made it too difficult.

• Upvote 1

On 10/07/2022 at 12:48, Harry's Lad said:

The grass could do with a mow.

That's St Augustine - it's supposed to look like that, basically.

The wife convinced me last year to spend hundreds of dollars and a few days of labour ripping out the St Augustine and then she seeded it with something called Zoysia, which looks about 10% better, in exchange for being about twice as much maintenance.

No, I'm not bitter about it at all. Why do you ask?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The wife convinced me last year to spend hundreds of dollars and a few days of labour ripping out the St Augustine and then she seeded it with something called Zoysia, which looks about 10% better, in exchange for being about twice as much maintenance.

You learn something new every day.

We had ours flagged with Indian sandstone getting on for 20 years ago.

I couldn't maintain it as a garden due to illness, plus I always hated gardening, I never had the patience and seeing we have dogs it made sense.

I do appreciate a nice garden though.

I was having serious issues with my PC, couldn't play any games that were graphics intensive for longer than 5 minutes before I lost the image totally and I had to reset.

Got a program to run a stress test and quickly identified the issue - the graphics chip was going over 100C and shutting down, even with the fan running at full whack (it sounded like a wind tunnel).

So evidently it's a cooling issue. I bought some new thermal paste and dismantled my computer. Took the graphics card out and removed the heatsink. It was full of dust, and the old thermal paste had dried up.

Removed the old paste, put some new paste on there, reassambled everything, and boom. I've been running the stress test for quarter of an hour now, and the GPU temperature hasn't exceeded 70C. Fan running nice and quiet too.

Those of you who are techy minded have probably done this sort of thing dozens of times, but this was my first go and I'm pretty pleased right now.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Strontium said:

I was having serious issues with my PC, couldn't play any games that were graphics intensive for longer than 5 minutes before I lost the image totally and I had to reset.

Got a program to run a stress test and quickly identified the issue - the graphics chip was going over 100C and shutting down, even with the fan running at full whack (it sounded like a wind tunnel).

So evidently it's a cooling issue. I bought some new thermal paste and dismantled my computer. Took the graphics card out and removed the heatsink. It was full of dust, and the old thermal paste had dried up.

Removed the old paste, put some new paste on there, reassambled everything, and boom. I've been running the stress test for quarter of an hour now, and the GPU temperature hasn't exceeded 70C. Fan running nice and quiet too.

Those of you who are techy minded have probably done this sort of thing dozens of times, but this was my first go and I'm pretty pleased right now.

Cool. Did the same with my CPU a few months back after its fan died. Whisper quiet and barely hits 40 under stress, very satisfying.

What card do you have? Always found AMD to be absolute hotrods.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Cool. Did the same with my CPU a few months back after its fan died. Whisper quiet and barely hits 40 under stress, very satisfying.

What card do you have? Always found AMD to be absolute hotrods.

It's an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760! The PC is about 9 years old and the card was only middling even back then, but it still runs most recent-ish stuff okay.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

It's an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760! The PC is about 9 years old and the card was only middling even back then, but it still runs most recent-ish stuff okay.

Yeah, I had one of those up to about 6 years ago, then replaced it with a 970. I keep putting off another upgrade as there's nothing I want to play that I can't at reasonable quality. Plus the crypto dicks have fucked the market for the past few years. Replacing the CPU fan and heatsink cost about £30 so I'm happy with that if it gets me another year or two.

• Upvote 1

I just found out that when putting a sleeping bag away it’s better to stuff it in the bag than the old tight roll method. Apparently it’s better for the bag too as it doesn’t create folds in the insulation. 

It’s also a hell of a lot more satisfying and gives you an excuse to make manly caveman noises. 

Definitely a win. 

• Upvote 1

On 16/07/2022 at 03:11, Ne Moe Imya said:

Do you know Jeff Grey, Honor Your Oath civil rights activist?

18 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

I just found out that when putting a sleeping bag away it’s better to stuff it in the bag than the old tight roll method. Apparently it’s better for the bag too as it doesn’t create folds in the insulation. 

It’s also a hell of a lot more satisfying and gives you an excuse to make manly caveman noises. 

Definitely a win. 

Is this a euphemism? 

Can't believe I even had to ask you. 

• 2 weeks later...