Quantcast
I am man: hear me roar!!! - Page 43 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You’re going to get all sorts of wildlife that will start living in the gap underneath that. Basically you’ve built a dream home for rats. Make sure you get a cat.

We have 2, 1 that lives in with us and the other which is semi feral now lives in there. I dont think there will be any rats.

Drove my car to the COOP at half time last night to buy beer. It suddenly died on a double yellow outside the shop, complete loss of all electrics so I had to leave it unlocked and trudge home in the rain to watch the shit second half then go back at midnight to meet the RAC man who bought it home. Had an anxious night catastrophizing about probable causes and costs then went out this morning, lifted the hood and fixed it in 10 minutes, loose battery connection. Nothing more satisfying. Been on a high all day. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Drove my car to the COOP at half time last night to buy beer. It suddenly died on a double yellow outside the shop, complete loss of all electrics so I had to leave it unlocked and trudge home in the rain to watch the shit second half then go back at midnight to meet the RAC man who bought it home. Had an anxious night catastrophizing about probable causes and costs then went out this morning, lifted the hood and fixed it in 10 minutes, loose battery connection. Nothing more satisfying. Been on a high all day. 

A few questions that I need to know. 

The COOP? Do you keep chickens elsewhere? if not you meant the Co-Op which is the most Tory thing you've ever posted. 

You drove to the COOP at half-time but got back for the second half after 'trudging in the rain' are you one of them fat lazy emission bastards who won't walk 2 minutes to the shop? 

The RAC man bought it home? That was nice of him, and he left it behind as well. What a guy.

You're telling me the RAC man didn't quickly asses the problem and fix it himself there and then? 

How many old dears have you whallopped over the head today? 

My heads spinnin, boy I'm in a daze. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A few questions that I need to know. 

The COOP? Do you keep chickens elsewhere? if not you meant the Co-Op which is the most Tory thing you've ever posted. 

You drove to the COOP at half-time but got back for the second half after 'trudging in the rain' are you one of them fat lazy emission bastards who won't walk 2 minutes to the shop? 

The RAC man bought it home? That was nice of him, and he left it behind as well. What a guy.

You're telling me the RAC man didn't quickly asses the problem and fix it himself there and then? 

How many old dears have you whallopped over the head today? 

My heads spinnin, boy I'm in a daze. 

Ha ha. Let’s clarify;

Obviously I meant the co-op but I’m actually dyslexic so I sometimes get spellings wrong.

Its about a mile from the house but it was raining. I’m not walking 2 fucking miles in the rain to buy beer at half time when I’ve got a car outside the house.  

I didn’t make it back for the start of the second half, the nice mrs Kurtz paused it for me.

The RAC man jump started it then followed me home (nice guy) but didn’t tighten the connection so as soon as I got home and turned it off, it died again hence my sleepless night of needless anxiety. 
The building work is done so no more manhole incidents. 
I hope that clarifies things. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/11/2020 at 21:18, A Red said:

My new shed nearing completion. INDESTRUCTIBLE II

20201106_074238.jpg

begs the question of what happened to INDESTRUCTIBLE 1?

First few weeks of the first lockdown I was in a bit of a dark place and decided to take a hammer to the infill panels under the bannister on our stairs that I’ve never liked.

it was a culmination of life events and my dislike for the thing, but it got smashed to pieces and o felt better for it.

I then went to buy replacement parts to find all the factories and shops were shut.

fast forward to now, some 12 months later, and I sawed the banister in half yesterday and removed it.

Either a new bannister, base rail and spindles  are getting bought and fitted today, or the stairs are going to be like this for another 12 months.

could go either way.

15 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Sure you're not still connected to the battery? 

16 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

First few weeks of the first lockdown I was in a bit of a dark place and decided to take a hammer to the infill panels under the bannister on our stairs that I’ve never liked.

it was a culmination of life events and my dislike for the thing, but it got smashed to pieces and o felt better for it.

I then went to buy replacement parts to find all the factories and shops were shut.

fast forward to now, some 12 months later, and I sawed the banister in half yesterday and removed it.

Either a new bannister, base rail and spindles  are getting bought and fitted today, or the stairs are going to be like this for another 12 months.

could go either way.

Good progress. Only the base rail is actually fitted but all the cuts are made and  sanded down a lot more of the existing gloss than I intended to after my mother told me not to be lazy and do it properly.

Should be no more than a few hours tomorrow morning and it’ll be done.

also treated myself to a new sliding mitre saw so the cutting of spindles took no time at all and all are the same size to within a mm or less.

F71C38B3-4E10-4C82-BF06-0B04DFC54408.jpeg

D4F0E134-C6BA-4CF3-AEE7-22BC932BA7CE.jpeg

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Good progress. Only the base rail is actually fitted but all the cuts are made and  sanded down a lot more of the existing gloss than I intended to after my mother told me not to be lazy and do it properly.

Should be no more than a few hours tomorrow morning and it’ll be done.

also treated myself to a new sliding mitre saw so the cutting of spindles took no time at all and all are the same size to within a mm or less.

F71C38B3-4E10-4C82-BF06-0B04DFC54408.jpeg

D4F0E134-C6BA-4CF3-AEE7-22BC932BA7CE.jpeg

Nice saw. 

• Upvote 1