Quantcast
I am man: hear me roar!!! - Page 41 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Came back from holiday and our kitchen was overrun with those bastard fruit flies. 

Bought a ripe banana, split it apart with my bare hands and put it into a bowl. Covered the bowl with cling film and poked holes with a tooth pick. 

3 days later I've got a colony of fruitflies on the bowl and my kitchen is fly-free. Take that you annoying little cunts. 

IMG_20200828_091443.jpg

• Upvote 6

Laid a very long (30 metre) Internet cable from the house to the garage which involved buying the right cable, drilling through 2 walls, digging a trench and lots and lots of cable ties. Worked like a dream straight away. Punched the air and shouted yes when the picture came on. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Laid a very long (30 metre) Internet cable from the house to the garage which involved buying the right cable, drilling through 2 walls, digging a trench and lots and lots of cable ties. Worked like a dream straight away. Punched the air and shouted yes when the picture came on. 

you installed cable tv for your fleet of porsches?

53 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

you installed cable tv for your fleet of porsches?

Ha ha. It’s still being welded together. It may not survive surgery if the estimate for the repairs comes in too high. It’s touch and go at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Did you run the cable in conduit ? 

Edited by Scooby Dudek

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Did you run the cable in conduit ? 

No it’s cable tied to an existing power cable that runs along the bottom of the fence. It briefly goes underground under the gate. I might enclose the underground gate section. 

Putting a new double socket in the garage for the tumble dryer because the extension lead I’ve been using for the last 6 years in a makeshift arrangement has been really laying up on and off for the last year or so and has virtually given up the ghost now.

doing quite well, put the socket up, pinned the twin and earth around and over the door frame, and down to the nearest socket to connect into.

starts twiddling with the cables before they go into the socket and *tingle* - electric shock.

id only gone and knocks off the lighting circuit instead of the power before cracking on.

thats approximately electrocution number 9 in my diy electrics over the years of home ownership and a it never gets any less enjoyable!

still chasing the high I got the time I touched the live 40A cooker circuit cable. That was a belter.

Wooooo! Feel alive!!!! Woooo!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Putting a new double socket in the garage for the tumble dryer because the extension lead I’ve been using for the last 6 years in a makeshift arrangement has been really laying up on and off for the last year or so and has virtually given up the ghost now.

doing quite well, put the socket up, pinned the twin and earth around and over the door frame, and down to the nearest socket to connect into.

starts twiddling with the cables before they go into the socket and *tingle* - electric shock.

id only gone and knocks off the lighting circuit instead of the power before cracking on.

thats approximately electrocution number 9 in my diy electrics over the years of home ownership and a it never gets any less enjoyable!

still chasing the high I got the time I touched the live 40A cooker circuit cable. That was a belter.

Wooooo! Feel alive!!!! Woooo!

I hate electric shocks. Genuinely scare me. I got a good one this summer from a wet extension lead. Still remember it. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I hate electric shocks. Genuinely scare me. I got a good one this summer from a wet extension lead. Still remember it. 

I really enjoy them. The electric shock parts of tough mudder years ago were the only parts of the course I would have volunteered to do again. My mates looked at me oddly when I told them with a wry smile one of the shocks made my right bollock twitch.

i try to avoid them, but it’s always a bit of a treat when I get one.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I really enjoy them. The electric shock parts of tough mudder years ago were the only parts of the course I would have volunteered to do again. My mates looked at me oddly when I told them with a wry smile one of the shocks made my right bollock twitch.

i try to avoid them, but it’s always a bit of a treat when I get one.

I think you need to talk to somebody about this. Maybe there’s a support group. 

I recently dug a 20m long, 0.5m deep trench to run a water pipe down to the allotment. It involved a pick axe. Grr.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I recently dug a 20m long, 0.5m deep trench to run a water pipe down to the allotment. It involved a pick axe. Grr.

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my £5

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the likes. Would of done it in half the time but the wife liked the paper and the paint so had to do all the stairs and landing in it.

Whilst doing all that the kitchen had a leak so the couch I have in there had to go and a breakfast bar and new plumbing had to be done.

Glad I'm back work now as my life is easier.

I completed a Rubik’s cube today for the first time in my life.

yes, I followed step by step instructions on my phone and still screwed it up multiple times along the way, but still, what a buzz!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I completed a Rubik’s cube today for the first time in my life.

yes, I followed step by step instructions on my phone and still screwed it up multiple times along the way, but still, what a buzz!

Just did it again. Still followed the steps. Didn’t screw up this time though. Woo!

• Upvote 1

I’ve just plumbed in a new washing machine which involved taking off the plug, stripping the wires and wiring into the socket.  

The leaks should put out the fire.  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just did it again. Still followed the steps. Didn’t screw up this time though. Woo!

I have both completed and taught my daughter how to complete the Rubik's cube. The wife is nowhere near as impressed as she should be.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting my old slk mercedes ready to sell. I've already replaced the pneumatic central locking unit, which involved bolts and shit. And superglue. And fitted a new pneumatic bonnet strut, on my own. 

Also, I drank a bottle of beer whilst doing the central locking unit. And me and my mate hi-fived when we connected it and it worked. 

Grrrrrrr. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'm getting my old slk mercedes ready to sell. I've already replaced the pneumatic central locking unit, which involved bolts and shit. And superglue. And fitted a new pneumatic bonnet strut, on my own. 

Also, I drank a bottle of beer whilst doing the central locking unit. And me and my mate hi-fived when we connected it and it worked. 

Grrrrrrr. 

I had a 230 SLK. Paid £1400 for it. Kept it for 3 years and sold it for £1,000. Fantastic car.