Quantcast
I am man: hear me roar!!! - Page 29 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Pretty sure I'm going through a mid life crisis as I've started wearing sports jackets, changing my career and determined to learn bushcraft so I have skills which don't involve a keyboard.

I originally planned to make a salad spoon out of a log I stole from American Pizza slice whilst pissed the other week, however the wood was far too seasoned and too big to start off with so this has now turned into my batoning mallet to split wood with my knife. 

The spoon was made from a piece from a "kindling" bag I bought from B&Q on my lunch yesterday and took about 20 minutes all in all.  The difficult part was carving the groove without a crook knife.  I'm going to sand paper it a bit and then treat with walnut oil before making another.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I'm going through a mid life crisis as I've started wearing sports jackets, changing my career and determined to learn bushcraft so I have skills which don't involve a keyboard.

I originally planned to make a salad spoon out of a log I stole from American Pizza slice whilst pissed the other week, however the wood was far too seasoned and too big to start off with so this has now turned into my batoning mallet to split wood with my knife. 

The spoon was made from a piece from a "kindling" bag I bought from B&Q on my lunch yesterday and took about 20 minutes all in all.  The difficult part was carving the groove without a crook knife.  I'm going to sand paper it a bit and then treat with walnut oil before making another.

Spoonman

That one isn't me.

I consume a lot of conspiracy media

Mixed you up with ltf there. My bad.

To be honest as soon as trump got in I started thinking that it was a possibility.

Don't come crying to me during any future global cutlery crisis lads. You're burning bridges here

You've got a handle on it anyway mate. With your interior designer wife and your outdoor adventuring skills you are ready for anything.

• Upvote 3

You've got a handle on it anyway mate. With your interior designer wife and your outdoor adventuring skills you are ready for anything.

We'll have the only moss roofed shack with a hot tub, queen sized bed and 4 door wardrobe within it's 6ft x 6ft confines 

• Upvote 1