Quantcast
I am man: hear me roar!!! - Page 26 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I have just re-pressurised our boiler.

I can't tell you how how pleased I am with myself

To be fair to Champ the first time I fixed our boiler when it went off I spent the next week walking about the house like Clint Eastwood.

up on the roof today re-pointing the chimneys.

chipping and scraping all the mortar joints (yesterday), then mix the new mortar and repair all the joints....even had to pull out and totally redo six bricks.

new mortar chimney caps on an almost perfect 30 degree slope as well.

fuck yeah.

roofers coming next week wanted $1200 to do the job for me.

• Upvote 1

I just fixed my telly using a youtube tutorial. I had the same issue as this chap. Only took 6 years to get around to it. Now I can finally see the UAV on Call of Duty!

• Upvote 2

Thank god for the internet. Now all us people that couldn't be bothered learning how to be men can just wither and die.

I'm fairly certain you could still do that before the internet. 

Got home from work last night. 

Said hi to the kids.

Took the wife upstairs and gave her a good rogering. Slapped her on the arse and said "get my dinner ready bitch."

Had a few beers and watched the footy.

Now that's a proper man!

Might not be on for a few days guys.

Apparently you can read my laptop screen from the other end of the couch. FUCK!

• Upvote 6

Said hi to the kids.

Took the wife upstairs and gave her a good rogering. Slapped her on the arse and said "get my dinner ready bitch."

Now that's a proper man!

U lie and yr breff stank.

Said hi to the kids.

Now that's a proper man!

Bullshit.

My new strimmer gave up half way through the garden today, so i poked at it for a few minutes. When it wouldn't work I chucked it into the shed and told the rest of the garden to go fuck itself.

Roar.

• Upvote 2

Had a fair bit of clearance work in the house and garden and have become a regular at the tip ( sorry, Recycling Plant ) in Old Swan. There comes a point where you get to know all the bays & the nod of mutual respect at the gate when you grunt ' Just metal and hard plastic today mate , 1 & 4 '

Recently gotten into the manly hobby of making knives.  

Never really been one to work with my hands before, but I love the outdoors and camping/hiking/hunting and all of that, which gradually led me down this path.  First my two sons and I made them a knife each from blanks we bought (the blade is already ground, you just have to add the handle and make a sheath), but now it's getting deeper.

Just received my first shipment of flat stock O1 tool steel today and this next week I plan to grind it to shape from the flat piece of steel.  Great fun (though I'm nervous about the heat treat, which I've never done before).  I'll post some pics if I remember.

• Upvote 1

Recently gotten into the manly hobby of making knives.

Never really been one to work with my hands before, but I love the outdoors and camping/hiking/hunting and all of that, which gradually led me down this path. First my two sons and I made them a knife each from blanks we bought (the blade is already ground, you just have to add the handle and make a sheath), but now it's getting deeper.

Just received my first shipment of flat stock O1 tool steel today and this next week I plan to grind it to shape from the flat piece of steel. Great fun (though I'm nervous about the heat treat, which I've never done before). I'll post some pics if I remember.

I've seen some videos of the process and looks interesting.

In a mildly similar vain: my mate got a brand new Dremel 3000 for free but already has one so gave it to me. Look out 'stuff-that-doesnt-need-a-hole-in-it-but-soon-will-have'

Anyone have any decent Dremel project ideas? I'm thinking of making some jewellery from coins or pebbles for my daughter. Any other ideas welcome.

• Upvote 1

In a mildly similar vain: my mate got a brand new Dremel 3000 for free but already has one so gave it to me. Look out 'stuff-that-doesnt-need-a-hole-in-it-but-soon-will-have'

Anyone have any decent Dremel project ideas? I'm thinking of making some jewellery from coins or pebbles for my daughter. Any other ideas welcome.

I heard about a guy who bought a Dremel 3000 and he used to just drill holes in stuff, maybe you could do that?

I heard about a guy who bought a Dremel 3000 and he used to just drill holes in stuff, maybe you could do that?

That's first on the list. But after the destruction I'd like to at least attempt something constructive. Even if it's only the once.

They are ace for Pumpkins on Halloween.

I also fixed my leaf blower today, blockage,smockage.