You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've moved back into my place a couple of weeks ago and my ex and daughter are in the process of moving out.

She's spread her stuff everywhere throughout the house and it's proving incredibly difficult to get it all straight, but I've started with the spare room (my room for now) and the garage.

There's something therapeutic about getting the garage sorted out, and yesterday I built a little work top to go over the dryer.

Rooooooaaaaaaarrrr!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's the tidiest garage I've ever seen Bob.  You could almost get a car in it, that's how tidy it is.  I'd get a strip put on the edge of that worktop if I were you.  If it gets damp in there it will start expanding.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Can anyone recommend a small toolkit for household jobs? We have masses of tools outside but am just looking for something we can keep in the house that you can lay your hands on quickly

Thousands of them on the market, you just need to work out what tools you deem necessary. Don't buy the cheap ones, they are fucking shit, best giving out a bit extra for Black & Decker, Bosch etc. 

Thousands of them on the market, you just need to work out what tools you deem necessary. Don't buy the cheap ones, they are fucking shit, best giving out a bit extra for Black & Decker, Bosch etc.

I'm just going to have to go and have a look aren't I?

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm just going to have to go and have a look aren't I?

Draper is a decent make. Obviously you don't have to use Amazon but I'm thinking this is the kind of toolkit you want to buy Mr C for Christmas......??? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Redline-68967-Tool-46-Piece/dp/B012DDFZBU/ref=dp_ob_title_hi

or look in the shops for it, or similar from Bosch, Black & Decker, Kobalt. 

Draper is a decent make. Obviously you don't have to use Amazon but I'm thinking this is the kind of toolkit you want to buy Mr C for Christmas......??? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Redline-68967-Tool-46-Piece/dp/B012DDFZBU/ref=dp_ob_title_hi

or look in the shops for it, or similar from Bosch, Black & Decker, Kobalt.

It's for us both to use around the house. A hammer, screwdriver with a selection of heads, pliers, that kind of thing. Probably not as comprehensive as that even, Gord

Guest Pistonbroke

It's for me to use around the house. A hammer, screwdriver with a selection of heads, pliers, that kind of thing

Then go with the one I linked C.