You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

Mixed day of manliness in my house. 

High

I changed the rear indicator bulbs in my car in under 5 minutes. 

Low

I left my hazards on after using it to check and my battery went flat 

High

Jump started it with a neighbor which involved removing a stupidly overelaborate battery cover and adaptors. 

Overall a win. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Re-felted my shed roof today. Used a staple gun and hammered in tacks, just like a proper bloke. Even got the corners dead neat.

Was tempted to have a drink up there like Andy Dufresne.

Did you have a tool belt like Brad Piitt  and stop 1/2 way for  smoke and a beer.

BBN earlier

Quentin Tarantino On Directing Brad Pitt's Shirtless Scene in 'OUATIH'

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

To be fair I wasn't looking to do an exact impression. I haven't been bummed by a gang in prison either, but I take your point.

I think Andy took several people’s points until he started doing the warden’s tax returns. Then it stopped. He’s an inspiration to accountants like me . 

• Upvote 1

On 08/10/2023 at 20:52, Paulie Dangerously said:

Mixed day of manliness in my house. 

High

I changed the rear indicator bulbs in my car in under 5 minutes. 

Low

I left my hazards on after using it to check and my battery went flat 

High

Jump started it with a neighbor which involved removing a stupidly overelaborate battery cover and adaptors. 

Overall a win. 

That sounds like the logic of an Evertonian.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Built a greenhouse on my allotment. It’s very windy up there so making something that doesn’t blow over was more important than aesthetics. 

IMG_4071.jpeg

I'm sorry, I'm pissing myself here, but that's a bit shit isn't it?

• Upvote 1

I commandeered my lads old Samsung  phone yesterday , my phone battery was fucked so after a few hours of switching everything over and logging in to everything again I tried getting the music set up ive got about 1,300 songs on it well after a bit of fiddling not all the songs had come across so I gave it to my lad to sort , he had no luck so I went into settings and clicked on a few things and hey presto all 900 songs miraculously appeared in the app .

Just now, Tj hooker said:

I commandeered my lads old Samsung  phone yesterday , my phone battery was fucked so after a few hours of switching everything over and logging in to everything again I tried getting the music set up ive got about 1,300 songs on it well after a bit of fiddling not all the songs had come across so I gave it to my lad to sort , he had no luck so I went into settings and clicked on a few things and hey presto all 900 songs miraculously appeared in the app .

Don't check his pictures and videos for fuck sake! 

• Like 1