You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

23 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Just after the start of lockdown I decorated both boys bedrooms. One had Harry Potter and the other wanted his sky blue and loads of man city shite. 

Only the gory hunter quickly changed his mind and wanted Harry Potter too. 

So my week ‘off’ that I’d planned to spend wanking and drinking has been spent on redoing a bedroom decorated less than 6 months ago. 

Finally finished it tonight. Just need to buy him new curtains and light shade. 

D04AC5B0-A208-4A6C-A29D-DAE1C227AAB5.jpeg

7C19701C-121B-4A06-AD17-0840418096EB.jpeg

AF256485-BDFD-45F4-AB7C-BCA4830B8250.jpeg

224278A2-8068-41CB-9925-3EE6DF517C7B.jpeg

A553DAF5-B08B-43E4-815D-1FD9AC46760F.jpeg

5728B314-5FA2-4B26-A66B-FD3D2B57DAD6.jpeg

0DCFE578-35BC-4AD4-B8CE-D737521E555F.jpeg

Man City and Harry Potter?

Meeting Work GIF - Meeting Work TerribleButGreat - Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just bought a set of chisels, a rubber mallet, a bastard file and an axe and now I feel like I've grown an extra set of bollocks.

Our DT teacher st school, Mr Muston, used to love playing the same joke over and over again. 

Any time someone asked him for a bastard file he’d give them the register. 

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fixed the bath taps today. Turned water off from mains, unscrewed grub screws, lifted the taps, took cartridges to one, two, three, four DIY stores for correct ones. Chewed the fat with an old boy who used to be a plumber, using phrases like "just needed a nudge to get the bastards out" when discussing spanner use to a nod of approval, took new parts home, fitted, water back on and tested. Then took a video and shared it with everyone I know. £12 all in.

Pretty much a qualified tradesman now.

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You’re going to get all sorts of wildlife that will start living in the gap underneath that. Basically you’ve built a dream home for rats. Make sure you get a cat.

We have 2, 1 that lives in with us and the other which is semi feral now lives in there. I dont think there will be any rats.

57 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Drove my car to the COOP at half time last night to buy beer. It suddenly died on a double yellow outside the shop, complete loss of all electrics so I had to leave it unlocked and trudge home in the rain to watch the shit second half then go back at midnight to meet the RAC man who bought it home. Had an anxious night catastrophizing about probable causes and costs then went out this morning, lifted the hood and fixed it in 10 minutes, loose battery connection. Nothing more satisfying. Been on a high all day. 

A few questions that I need to know. 

The COOP? Do you keep chickens elsewhere? if not you meant the Co-Op which is the most Tory thing you've ever posted. 

You drove to the COOP at half-time but got back for the second half after 'trudging in the rain' are you one of them fat lazy emission bastards who won't walk 2 minutes to the shop? 

The RAC man bought it home? That was nice of him, and he left it behind as well. What a guy.

You're telling me the RAC man didn't quickly asses the problem and fix it himself there and then? 

How many old dears have you whallopped over the head today? 

My heads spinnin, boy I'm in a daze. 

First few weeks of the first lockdown I was in a bit of a dark place and decided to take a hammer to the infill panels under the bannister on our stairs that I’ve never liked.

it was a culmination of life events and my dislike for the thing, but it got smashed to pieces and o felt better for it.

I then went to buy replacement parts to find all the factories and shops were shut.

fast forward to now, some 12 months later, and I sawed the banister in half yesterday and removed it.

Either a new bannister, base rail and spindles  are getting bought and fitted today, or the stairs are going to be like this for another 12 months.

could go either way.

15 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Drove my car to the COOP at half time last night to buy beer. It suddenly died on a double yellow outside the shop, complete loss of all electrics so I had to leave it unlocked and trudge home in the rain to watch the shit second half then go back at midnight to meet the RAC man who bought it home. Had an anxious night catastrophizing about probable causes and costs then went out this morning, lifted the hood and fixed it in 10 minutes, loose battery connection. Nothing more satisfying. Been on a high all day. 

Sure you're not still connected to the battery? 

16 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

First few weeks of the first lockdown I was in a bit of a dark place and decided to take a hammer to the infill panels under the bannister on our stairs that I’ve never liked.

it was a culmination of life events and my dislike for the thing, but it got smashed to pieces and o felt better for it.

I then went to buy replacement parts to find all the factories and shops were shut.

fast forward to now, some 12 months later, and I sawed the banister in half yesterday and removed it.

Either a new bannister, base rail and spindles  are getting bought and fitted today, or the stairs are going to be like this for another 12 months.

could go either way.

Good progress. Only the base rail is actually fitted but all the cuts are made and  sanded down a lot more of the existing gloss than I intended to after my mother told me not to be lazy and do it properly.

Should be no more than a few hours tomorrow morning and it’ll be done.

also treated myself to a new sliding mitre saw so the cutting of spindles took no time at all and all are the same size to within a mm or less.

F71C38B3-4E10-4C82-BF06-0B04DFC54408.jpeg

D4F0E134-C6BA-4CF3-AEE7-22BC932BA7CE.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last went camping last August for my missus birthday, in the dales near Settle and while we were walking up a somewhat blustery Imgleborough we joked about whether our tent would still be there when we got back.

we came back to this...

Well, we’re going again this weekend for my birthday, and she’s bought new a new tent for it, which is pretty wonderful of her, and so i decided to have a go at salvaging something useful from the old one and turning it into a den/shelter for the kids to use for playing in and shade and to eat their tea, etc.

ive spent the evening with a Stanley knife and tying knots to turn it into this...

And I’m pretty pleased with myself.

0F85D107-E242-4E21-9EF3-5AF07F4F14C6.jpeg

90DBC761-FDD8-4BCF-8ACF-84EFD5FD1348.jpeg

• Upvote 1