You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Putting a new double socket in the garage for the tumble dryer because the extension lead I’ve been using for the last 6 years in a makeshift arrangement has been really laying up on and off for the last year or so and has virtually given up the ghost now.

doing quite well, put the socket up, pinned the twin and earth around and over the door frame, and down to the nearest socket to connect into.

starts twiddling with the cables before they go into the socket and *tingle* - electric shock.

id only gone and knocks off the lighting circuit instead of the power before cracking on.

thats approximately electrocution number 9 in my diy electrics over the years of home ownership and a it never gets any less enjoyable!

still chasing the high I got the time I touched the live 40A cooker circuit cable. That was a belter.

Wooooo! Feel alive!!!! Woooo!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I hate electric shocks. Genuinely scare me. I got a good one this summer from a wet extension lead. Still remember it. 

I really enjoy them. The electric shock parts of tough mudder years ago were the only parts of the course I would have volunteered to do again. My mates looked at me oddly when I told them with a wry smile one of the shocks made my right bollock twitch.

i try to avoid them, but it’s always a bit of a treat when I get one.

Appreciate the likes. Would of done it in half the time but the wife liked the paper and the paint so had to do all the stairs and landing in it.

Whilst doing all that the kitchen had a leak so the couch I have in there had to go and a breakfast bar and new plumbing had to be done.

Glad I'm back work now as my life is easier.

37 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I completed a Rubik’s cube today for the first time in my life.

yes, I followed step by step instructions on my phone and still screwed it up multiple times along the way, but still, what a buzz!

Just did it again. Still followed the steps. Didn’t screw up this time though. Woo!

• Upvote 1

I'm getting my old slk mercedes ready to sell. I've already replaced the pneumatic central locking unit, which involved bolts and shit. And superglue. And fitted a new pneumatic bonnet strut, on my own. 

Also, I drank a bottle of beer whilst doing the central locking unit. And me and my mate hi-fived when we connected it and it worked. 

Grrrrrrr. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mrs Niallers rang last night to say the heating wasn't working as it hadn't been on since March. 

I had a quick look on YouTube when I got home as the panel warning light was flashing on the faulty pump zone.

Low and behold, a quick 2 half min clip of a guy manually rotating the pump in behind the main panel gave me the answer i needed and I fixed it.

Proper fucking proud me and saved myself at least 100 quid in not having to call out someone to have a look.

I still got a look of "what do you want,a fucking medal" off herself but that still couldn't wipe the smirk off my face.

• Upvote 4

Stripping the plaster off an old fireplace revealed the gas pipe for the lamp that used to be there. Spent a fun afternoon chipping away at the hearth, then squirreling around under floorboards to find out where it came from. It's like doing archeology in your own house, except Indiana Jones didn't finish the job with an oscillating multitool. Damn good fun.

• Upvote 1

On 27/09/2020 at 03:09, niallers said:

Mrs Niallers rang last night to say the heating wasn't working as it hadn't been on since March. 

I had a quick look on YouTube when I got home as the panel warning light was flashing on the faulty pump zone.

Low and behold, a quick 2 half min clip of a guy manually rotating the pump in behind the main panel gave me the answer i needed and I fixed it.

Proper fucking proud me and saved myself at least 100 quid in not having to call out someone to have a look.

I still got a look of "what do you want,a fucking medal" off herself but that still couldn't wipe the smirk off my face.

Can you smell gas now?

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Stripping the plaster off an old fireplace revealed the gas pipe for the lamp that used to be there. Spent a fun afternoon chipping away at the hearth, then squirreling around under floorboards to find out where it came from. It's like doing archeology in your own house, except Indiana Jones didn't finish the job with an oscillating multitool. Damn good fun.

Can you smell gas now?

Just after the start of lockdown I decorated both boys bedrooms. One had Harry Potter and the other wanted his sky blue and loads of man city shite. 

Only the gory hunter quickly changed his mind and wanted Harry Potter too. 

So my week ‘off’ that I’d planned to spend wanking and drinking has been spent on redoing a bedroom decorated less than 6 months ago. 

Finally finished it tonight. Just need to buy him new curtains and light shade. 

D04AC5B0-A208-4A6C-A29D-DAE1C227AAB5.jpeg

7C19701C-121B-4A06-AD17-0840418096EB.jpeg

AF256485-BDFD-45F4-AB7C-BCA4830B8250.jpeg

224278A2-8068-41CB-9925-3EE6DF517C7B.jpeg

A553DAF5-B08B-43E4-815D-1FD9AC46760F.jpeg

5728B314-5FA2-4B26-A66B-FD3D2B57DAD6.jpeg

0DCFE578-35BC-4AD4-B8CE-D737521E555F.jpeg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Just after the start of lockdown I decorated both boys bedrooms. One had Harry Potter and the other wanted his sky blue and loads of man city shite. 

Only the gory hunter quickly changed his mind and wanted Harry Potter too. 

So my week ‘off’ that I’d planned to spend wanking and drinking has been spent on redoing a bedroom decorated less than 6 months ago. 

Finally finished it tonight. Just need to buy him new curtains and light shade. 

D04AC5B0-A208-4A6C-A29D-DAE1C227AAB5.jpeg

7C19701C-121B-4A06-AD17-0840418096EB.jpeg

AF256485-BDFD-45F4-AB7C-BCA4830B8250.jpeg

224278A2-8068-41CB-9925-3EE6DF517C7B.jpeg

A553DAF5-B08B-43E4-815D-1FD9AC46760F.jpeg

5728B314-5FA2-4B26-A66B-FD3D2B57DAD6.jpeg

0DCFE578-35BC-4AD4-B8CE-D737521E555F.jpeg

Looks magic that Col.

• Upvote 1