You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Not bad bit of diy , 45 minutes tops.

AB09E72C-211D-4AB3-94F5-BE38AF0DB9DD.jpeg

31E565C1-6F2F-42B4-9E61-2E254A8DF1D7.jpeg

Does self assembly count as DIY?

credit to you, and all that though, and certainly has a place in here - hopefully you didn’t read the manual for extra worthiness.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I put my new computer chair together the other day. It was a pretty easy task but because the inside temperature was abou 35 degrees celsius you could have been forgiven for thinking I'd assembled it in Death Valley in the early afternoon.

Tell me about in VI , I must have lost half a stone in sweat putting that treadmill together.

I was rooting for sesame oil in the top cupboard in the kitchen and inadvertently knocked over a jar of chilli powder which came flying out and in one fluid motion I controlled it on the instep of my right slipper before it crashed to the floor. Now I dont want to make sweeping generalisations but I cant imagine there is a single woman on the globe who could have done it with the efficiency and insouciance that I brought to the party.

• Upvote 4

On 19/08/2020 at 17:28, sir roger said:

I was rooting for sesame oil in the top cupboard in the kitchen and inadvertently knocked over a jar of chilli powder which came flying out and in one fluid motion I controlled it on the instep of my right slipper before it crashed to the floor. Now I dont want to make sweeping generalisations but I cant imagine there is a single woman on the globe who could have done it with the efficiency and insouciance that I brought to the party.

Repped for 'insouciance.'

* Rushes to google to look it up.*

Came back from holiday and our kitchen was overrun with those bastard fruit flies. 

Bought a ripe banana, split it apart with my bare hands and put it into a bowl. Covered the bowl with cling film and poked holes with a tooth pick. 

3 days later I've got a colony of fruitflies on the bowl and my kitchen is fly-free. Take that you annoying little cunts. 

IMG_20200828_091443.jpg

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Laid a very long (30 metre) Internet cable from the house to the garage which involved buying the right cable, drilling through 2 walls, digging a trench and lots and lots of cable ties. Worked like a dream straight away. Punched the air and shouted yes when the picture came on. 

you installed cable tv for your fleet of porsches?

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Laid a very long (30 metre) Internet cable from the house to the garage which involved buying the right cable, drilling through 2 walls, digging a trench and lots and lots of cable ties. Worked like a dream straight away. Punched the air and shouted yes when the picture came on. 

Did you run the cable in conduit ? 

Edited by Scooby Dudek