You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My mobile phone suddenly stopped working tonight. I couldn't get it to function whatever I did and I thought I'd be shelling out 150 quid tomorrow for a new one. Then I remembered I'd splashed a little water on it earlier. I thought it was just on the surface but if it had got into the phone, that could explain it.

So I removed the sim cards, and blasted the mobile with the hairdryer on the highest setting for a few minutes, focusing on the speaker area and sim slot. Still didn't work, so I did it again. Hey presto, my phone is working.

• Upvote 1

I use hearing aids and they dont like water so have sometimes needed to use a hairdryer on them , or those little packs of silica you get in new shoes are also useful. My audiologist said he had an old guy the week before who decided to put them on the eye level grill of his oven and then fell asleep, waking up to a plastic cow pat with wires sticking out.

Can't find the rant thread because some fella's spamming the GF with threads about prog and MOR 80s dirge.

One of my neighbours is clearly trying to drill through a wall with a non-masonry bit. Don't know if its the heat or the (related) three nights or poor/little sleep but I'd happily go and help demonstrate how different tools are better at different tasks.

Would probably start with the bit they're currently using and show how much more effective it is at going through their cunt fucking eyeball.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Can't find the rant thread because some fella's spamming the GF with threads about prog and MOR 80s dirge.

One of my neighbours is clearly trying to drill through a wall with a non-masonry bit. Don't know if its the heat or the (related) three nights or poor/little sleep but I'd happily go and help demonstrate how different tools are better at different tasks.

Would probably start with the bit they're currently using and show how much more effective it is at going through their cunt fucking eyeball.

Sounds far more engaging than my wife's usual DIY shows.

I would pitch it to HGTV