You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Christmas Eve and the fuckin washer starts leaking everywhere. Looked behind it and there seemed to be a bottomless pit of despair. 

Threw some towels down, unhooked the water hose and called Costco.

New one coming Thursday.

Suck on that.

All hail the one man industrial revolution.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

About 4 months ago we bought a new dog harness similar to this one.

810ZyN6wW4L._SL1500_.jpg

Anyway, it clips together at the top and the fabric is joined by Velcro. Unfortunately the Velcro loses its function after a while, especially due to opening/closing it 5 times a day. The missus sewed some new Velcro on but that only lasted a few weeks. So I said to her why not take the clip fasteners (which are on a strip of sturdy material) off one of your old bras and sew them onto the Velcro. Fuck me, works a treat!! Not like these dog harnesses are cheap, or at least not that you'd want to buy a new one every few months. I should take my idea to the Dragon's den and punt it towards their very own dogs on the panel. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my house a little over 6 years ago, and from the first time I viewed it I wanted a hidden bookshelf door to separate the spare dormer bedroom from the little room off it that goes into the roof space.

well, after watching a YouTube tutorial about a millions times, doing a load of sketches, measurements and calcs, and getting the timber bought last week, I finally set about it on Saturday.

so far, so good...

8E9B95B7-B49B-45CF-B771-3FFEEE9DA4D1.jpeg

133D0128-44BA-4CC3-AA81-03A49DDB68E9.jpeg

9C144ED3-31F6-4C76-99EB-3DE6D45F6122.jpeg

96BB2B3A-D3E8-4184-81BE-780963C6418F.jpeg

BA8141BE-B6F8-47C1-85B7-31884448A861.jpeg

FAB887AA-B62E-4EE4-B641-B02C65956E2D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Excellent. I’m shite with woodwork. I’d have had the roof down. 

I try and turn my hand to stuff, but I’m not particularly good and generally a bit clumsy and untidy with it, so I’m thrilled with how this is turning out so far.

still enough hits to do that I could ruin it yet, to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I try and turn my hand to stuff, but I’m not particularly good and generally a bit clumsy and untidy with it, so I’m thrilled with how this is turning out so far.

still enough hits to do that I could ruin it yet, to be fair.

How’re you going to finish it off? Fill the gaps and white gloss or wood finish? 

• Upvote 1

The wife’s outside, as I write, constructing a home office for me. What started as a small shed for storing stuff has morphed into a slightly larger space to store me.

I’ve just emptied the dishwasher. More of a meow than a roar but I’m still a man, sort of. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The little one is Harry Potter mad and wanted his bedroom redecorated. 

It took a while but got there in the end. 

2A94727C-DA1C-4D92-90C9-5D0311D710B8.jpeg

336E23DA-E7B1-4813-AA84-7532106B9215.jpeg

1552815C-380E-48B1-A49E-2243213CB41C.jpeg

8104B1A5-FE88-4BFE-9B99-D2BC015E95DA.jpeg

34111405-AB73-46CD-ADE1-6DEC883473D9.jpeg

That’s some nice work!

i assume the picture frames with moving people in them are going up later?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

The wife’s outside, as I write, constructing a home office for me. What started as a small shed for storing stuff has morphed into a slightly larger space to store me.

I’ve just emptied the dishwasher. More of a meow than a roar but I’m still a man, sort of. 

Nice, she is making you a He Shed.

• Upvote 1