You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

32 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Little tit bit of info for a shorting dryer. Check the back of it as wire in bras tend to come out and slip through the casing shorting the wires. 

Saved myself a small fortune fixing it myself.

Maybe you should stop wearing bras and go au naturel.

• 3 weeks later...

Spent the morning hacking down some trees in my garden so they have a good start for Spring. Dug a hole in the garden yesterday too to check the drainage as we have a mega clay garden. Test drain seems to be going down quite nicely. Came in when it went dark and the misses spotted some damp on the wall so been working on that all evening. Seems to be a leaky stop tap and some old leak thats causing it. Easy fix really. 

IMG_20190106_091824.jpg

IMG_20190106_124257.jpg

IMG_20190106_160816.jpg

IMG_20190106_181215.jpg

IMG-20190106-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20190106-WA0015.jpeg

IMG_20190106_160811.jpg

IMG-20190106-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20190106-WA0011.jpeg

IMG_20190106_143257.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

Place in hell for twats like that. I remember years ago in our first house we were putting laminate down in the living room, took up the old shag pile carpet which was glued to what I would describe as that thin carpet like you get in offices and schools which was glued to the floor.

What I thought would be a weekend job took about three days to get down to the bare floor.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I just sawed a few branches, no blood. Wore gloves, twigged on. 

Wore gloves, broke the bath into three, ended up getting caught in the explosion when the hammer made the first crack... 

Carried on twating the rest of the bathroom in an Anny Road fashion. 

IMG-20190217-WA0003.jpeg

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Spent the weekend demolishing a kitchen, sorting some plumbing and electrics and then taking up a tiled floor, including the adhesive. I'll be asleep on the sofa before 6pm.

Grrr.

This twat of a bathroom had three layers of tiles and when I got to the corner half the floor is fucked with rotten wood. It's currently covered by a piece of ply with damp stains all around. Saving the surprise til tomorrow.