You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 5 weeks later...

My missus is some in chief this at a wedding in the next couple of months and today was a big day for all the birds to go off and do shit.

I got lumbered with three girls plus mine. All 10ish year old the plan was to stay in and feed them and Netflix.

I was getting shit about 10am about how great chicks are and can get stuff done. Over breakfast.

Me and the girls made a decision to go shopping.

I bought my wedding suit. We all had cheeseburgers. We bought lots of stupid shit and a 49 inch TV.

The Tv would not fit in the back of the car with 3 girls so they kindly agreed to forgo comfort on the 20 mile trip home and balance on their knees in exchange for as much Ben And Jerry’s cookie dough as they could eat,

I got home with a big tv, Ben and Jerry’s and a load of laughing like lunies kids.

plus a lot of photos of the tops of kids heads behind a big toshiba box

They never bought a dress between them all.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Decorated my bedroom the other week. Only a paint and gloss job but I’ve added a new lampshade, bedding, curtains and some wall canvases and I’m quite pleased with the result. 

My hall/stairs/landing desperately need redoing so I took the ultra manly step today of getting a quote from some other fucker to do it. Rargh. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Where does everyone go for bathroom parts (e.g. sink/toilet/bath etc). 

So far, I've got a list of: 

Victorian Plumbing 

Omega (Aintree) 

Soak 

Plumbing World 

Heat and Plumb

Topps Tiles

Any obvious ones I'm missing (fucking off B&Q)? 

Plumb Centre. 

Took apart some decking last weekend, built a shed base from it, built a shed this weekend.

Fucked now. 

Next two weeks - garage demolition, taking a gas fire and hearth out and taking up an old tiled floor.

After that some fella is gonna come in and do some proper building work.

• Upvote 2

Fixed our washer dryer this weekend after finding out what the problem might be online. It suggested that the blinking lights on the front could be down to one of two issues so I dealt with them both. Borrowed a soldering kit off my uncle and replaced a knackered capacitor on the circuit board, as well as removing a cleaning out the filter which is at the back of the machine. Youtube showed me how to properly solder the part (I haven't soldered anything since those CDT lessons in secondary school) as well as how to tackle the filter.

Cost? £1.50 inc. P&P for the new capacitor.

Machine works like a charm again, and is actually a bit quieter than before. Result.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Fixed our washer dryer this weekend after finding out what the problem might be online. It suggested that the blinking lights on the front could be down to one of two issues so I dealt with them both. Borrowed a soldering kit off my uncle and replaced a knackered capacitor on the circuit board, as well as removing a cleaning out the filter which is at the back of the machine. Youtube showed me how to properly solder the part (I haven't soldered anything since those CDT lessons in secondary school) as well as how to tackle the filter.

Machine works like a charm again, and is actually a bit quieter than before. Result.

Can you re-write this post in English please.

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

Just that wee bit of paranoia that now you've done it, will your house burn down in the night?

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What the fuck is that? Not the pliers.

We moved into a house and the previous owner lost the key to the internal/old front door figured it was a standard euro lock and snapped it with mole pliers. Locksmiths quoted £50 to remove the lock.