You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

up on the roof today re-pointing the chimneys.

chipping and scraping all the mortar joints (yesterday), then mix the new mortar and repair all the joints....even had to pull out and totally redo six bricks.

new mortar chimney caps on an almost perfect 30 degree slope as well.

fuck yeah.

roofers coming next week wanted $1200 to do the job for me.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Got home from work last night. 

Said hi to the kids.

Took the wife upstairs and gave her a good rogering. Slapped her on the arse and said "get my dinner ready bitch."

Had a few beers and watched the footy.

Now that's a proper man!

Had a fair bit of clearance work in the house and garden and have become a regular at the tip ( sorry, Recycling Plant ) in Old Swan. There comes a point where you get to know all the bays & the nod of mutual respect at the gate when you grunt ' Just metal and hard plastic today mate , 1 & 4 '

Recently gotten into the manly hobby of making knives.  

Never really been one to work with my hands before, but I love the outdoors and camping/hiking/hunting and all of that, which gradually led me down this path.  First my two sons and I made them a knife each from blanks we bought (the blade is already ground, you just have to add the handle and make a sheath), but now it's getting deeper.

Just received my first shipment of flat stock O1 tool steel today and this next week I plan to grind it to shape from the flat piece of steel.  Great fun (though I'm nervous about the heat treat, which I've never done before).  I'll post some pics if I remember.

• Upvote 1

Recently gotten into the manly hobby of making knives.

Never really been one to work with my hands before, but I love the outdoors and camping/hiking/hunting and all of that, which gradually led me down this path. First my two sons and I made them a knife each from blanks we bought (the blade is already ground, you just have to add the handle and make a sheath), but now it's getting deeper.

Just received my first shipment of flat stock O1 tool steel today and this next week I plan to grind it to shape from the flat piece of steel. Great fun (though I'm nervous about the heat treat, which I've never done before). I'll post some pics if I remember.

I've seen some videos of the process and looks interesting.

In a mildly similar vain: my mate got a brand new Dremel 3000 for free but already has one so gave it to me. Look out 'stuff-that-doesnt-need-a-hole-in-it-but-soon-will-have'

Anyone have any decent Dremel project ideas? I'm thinking of making some jewellery from coins or pebbles for my daughter. Any other ideas welcome.

• Upvote 1

In a mildly similar vain: my mate got a brand new Dremel 3000 for free but already has one so gave it to me. Look out 'stuff-that-doesnt-need-a-hole-in-it-but-soon-will-have'

Anyone have any decent Dremel project ideas? I'm thinking of making some jewellery from coins or pebbles for my daughter. Any other ideas welcome.

I heard about a guy who bought a Dremel 3000 and he used to just drill holes in stuff, maybe you could do that?

They are ace for Pumpkins on Halloween.

I also fixed my leaf blower today, blockage,smockage.

• 1 month later...