You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am addicted to The Shield

philyhamann

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_574de542e4b02912b2410824

Michael Jace, an actor in the television drama “The Shield,” was found guilty on Tuesday of second-degree murder in his wife’s 2014 shooting death in Los Angeles, the county district attorney’s office said.

Jace, 53, faces a sentence of 40 years to life in prison when he is sentenced on June 10, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Greg Risling said in an email.

The jury also found that Jace used a handgun in the crime, a special circumstance that could increase his prison time, Risling said.

Jace, whose trial began on May 23, shot to death his 40-year-old wife April on May 19, 2014, in their South Los Angeles home before calling authorities to report an emergency, prosecutors said.

The couple’s two children, who were both younger than 10, were home at the time of the shooting and were placed in the care of relatives, authorities said.

The jury began deliberations late on Friday and resumed on Tuesday morning, spending a total of two to three hours considering the case before reaching the verdict, Risling said. Second-degree murder is an intentional killing that was not premeditated.

“The Shield” was a police drama set in Los Angeles that ran from 2002 to 2008.

• 1 month later...

Shawn Ryan said a few weeks back that hypothetically he'd like to get the original writing team back to do a series on what Vic's up to now.

Not sure it'd be a great idea (for one thing all the writers have gone off to good writing careers) but then... maybe, just maybe, it'd be ace. 

I saw it that sirens afoot he was off to get involved despite the fact that he was strictly confined to paper work and getting involved would fuck his deal. He was a cop (in his mind)above all else.

Like I said similar how Marlo gets a free pass at the end of the wire but ends up causing a fight with corner boys who don't know him.Hes defined as a drug kingpin and won't be able to get used to being a "legitimate " businessman

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/12/the-shield-creator-shawn-ryan-says-he-has-ideas-for-vic-mackey/

While speaking at a Shield writers’ room reunion at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, show creator Shawn Ryan said “I have some ideas where Vic Mackey is, but I don’t know where Vic Mackey is until someone puts me in a writers room with a group of these people and some people that aren’t here and give us a week to sort it out.” 

I think it's more likely to be a disaster than work if they went back to it sadly. 

Realistically once his time at ICE is up (3 years wasn't it?) he's not going to get another job in any aspect of law enforcement.. So the only options are he's now a criminal of some kind, or at best a PI maybe. 

He has to see out his full term or he ends up with his deal void and if that deal was void then with his confession it's nothing but a prison drama. 

Somethings are best left alone and I think this is one of them.