You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watchmen

Anubis

Harsh.

Thought it was a pretty decent effort at a (relatively) faithful recreation of the book.

And the bird was fit!!!

It was, but my problem was that it didn't move me, whereas I felt the novel was very, very much so. It was faithful, agreed, but it lacked something that took away from it's overall quality for me.

Saw it yesterday and loved it. I can't imagine how you could make a better film of such challenging source material. I've heard Mark Kermode's review - essentially in keeping to the novel's plot the drama has been lost - but it wouldn't have been Watchmen if the plot had been changed anymore than necessary. Some changes I could live with, eg the ending; some made certain characters far less interesting, eg cutting Holis Mason's murder and Nite Owl 2's reaction was a shame.

it was ok. Think this proved what we all thought, the novel is unfilmable. my girlfriend was confused Rorschach was good but his voice was too gruffy which made it harder to understand some of his ace monologues. Shame really.

similar to the dark knight, mumbled rubbish!!

i thought it was ok, my theroy is that its just building for the a 2nd part, kinda like the lord Of the Rings, shite 1st film, outstanding 2nd one, becuase the 1st built up to it perfectly

if there`s no killer part 2, then yeah, it was shite

similar to the dark knight, mumbled rubbish!!

i thought it was ok, my theroy is that its just building for the a 2nd part, kinda like the lord Of the Rings, shite 1st film, outstanding 2nd one, becuase the 1st built up to it perfectly

if there`s no killer part 2, then yeah, it was shite

There are no second parts. Thats it. Too much to cram in so it became confusing. could have made two films out of it as it is.

• 10 years later...
12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Where would somebody look for the new TV series for the reasons of letting the authorities know about nasty copywrite issues if they didn't have sky Atlantic 

Someone I know has a cousin with a dog whose owners nephew knows a fella who heard someone on a bus get told by a stranger that his aunties neighbour shagged a fella whose mate got his extension built by a man who overheard someone say that they have got Exodus on Kodi. It works perfect for tv shows apparently.