You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My Crouchamania shirt will have to be thrown in the trash, too hard too look at it :(. It's the rifght move but it doesn't make it easier. Amazing how he has improved since he's been here, remember all the shit he got at first and how hard it was to convince people he was a top player. Loved it when he scored against the Mancs and Everton in that first season especially. Wonderful memories.

Good luck big man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think I'd be that upset about him going, given that I've had months to get used to the idea, but now it's really happened I'm absolutely gutted. After Carra, Didi and Robbie Mk II he's been my favourite player of the Rafa era. It's going to be just plain wrong to see him lining up in another team's colours.

Walk on big man.

I was there when he scored his first goal(s) against Wigan. It was a great criac that day. Everyone was made up for him.

My wedding day - and producing the betting slip showing that I'd backed him to score was as close as I got to a dramatic flourish in my after-dinner speech... thanks Big Man.

Good luck Crouchie lad. Just please keep your mouth shut about Rafa, remember how much he's done for your career. Think about what you have achieved since he signed you and the player you are today. We want to remember you for the right reasons. All the best.

By the way, when SSN say Peter Crouch news conference at 1 o clock, why the fuck do they leave you sat watching twenty20 reports for 40fuckin minutes waiting for it to start? Arseholes.

Sad to see Crouchy go. Been a very good player for us and further shows Rafa's ability to spot talent in the transfer market. Another profit on a player for us in recent years when we couldn't even give certain players away a few years ago.

Thanks for the Arsenal hat-trick, Peter!

Benitez dumping another of his signings, you have to wonder what he was playing at the first couple of years in terms of transfers

If by "dumping" you mean selling a player for a profit after they had a good spell here, then yes, he is dumping them. However I don't think that constitutes dumping.

*If you are unsure of the meaning of "constitutes", ask the person who helps you get dressed in the morning*

Guest TK-421
Benitez dumping another of his signings, you have to wonder what he was playing at the first couple of years in terms of transfers

You've captured the spirit of the thread perfectly there mate. Hats off to you.

People need to remember that a contract has been on the table for Crouch for almost a year. Rafa didnt want to sell him, but when the lad wants first team football, and with only a year left on his current deal, 11mill is bloody good business. No need for the cheap Rafa digs.

Guest Barksey

I'll miss the big fella. He's one of the few genuinely nice guys left in the game and has well and truly proved all his doubters wrong.

You really are clueless arent you. Rafa did not even want to sell him. He wanted him to sign a new contract. He wanted him to stay at the club. That says a lot for his signings in his first few years.

Guest ian garro

The whole thing about him not scoring for 18 games, media on his case, getting booed for England - and the way we all got behind him is a good a good memory for me. A bit like giving the rest of the country the finger and saying "you can all fuck off, he may be an oddball, but he's our oddball".

Brilliant when he finally scored against Wigan, great atmosphere in the ground and Carra dragging him down to the Kop... Good times. He was fucking great for us the rest of that season.

It was just time to move on though. Good luck Peter, lad. Nice one.

The whole thing about him not scoring for 18 games, media on his case, getting booed for England - and the way we all got behind him is a good a good memory for me. A bit like giving the rest of the country the finger and saying "you can all fuck off, he may be an oddball, but he's our oddball".

Brilliant when he finally scored against Wigan, great atmosphere in the ground and Carra dragging him down to the Kop... Good times. He was fucking great for us the rest of that season.

It was just time to move on though. Good luck Peter, lad. Nice one.

He played really well in those 18 games too, aside from the goal issue.