You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v South Africa

Spy Bee

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

The UK Media will be full of captain marvel and a resurgent England.

Not at all. For example, yesterday Beefy comes out to do his pitch report and says that it is "a flat as a pancake" and loads of runs to be had. SA get a good start; 100 odd for 1 and all the commentators are saying how well SA are doing (and how our bowling is substandard). We take a few wickets and suddenly rather than a spell of inspired bowling, it is SA throwing their wickets away because there is nothing to play for.

SA (Smith in particular) and AUS are two team that will never give up, even if there is little to play for.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Just to let you dweebs know, RJ has tickets for tomorrows run chase, is already tanked up now and will be be starting his topping uo with some cold cans of red stripe he has left round his mates at 8.30.

Should be a good day and all for £15 notes entrance, woo hoo!

As long as the weather holds up, it should be a grand days entertainment tomorrow bro, the best day of the test. If SA bowl well, 197 will be a tough ask. I can see us struggling to get that. However, if we make a decent start, it could be a good win and a few beers in celebration of yet another win in a dead series match.

I think SA will hammer us from pillar to post in the one dayers.

As long as the weather holds up, it should be a grand days entertainment tomorrow bro, the best day of the test. If SA bowl well, 197 will be a tough ask. I can see us struggling to get that. However, if we make a decent start, it could be a good win and a few beers in celebration of yet another win in a dead series match.

I think SA will hammer us from pillar to post in the one dayers.

Given the series score, the cricket is a side show.

Early start, lots of Red Stripe, a cuban cigar and Onion bhaji's (a cricketing staple for me and the lads), a few cheap strip pubs nr the Oval or the Griffin on Clerkenwell Road, then a piss up up West. ACE

Nah should be a half decent run chase and for a spectacle a few early losses may bring out the middle order for an entertaining day. Either way I suspect your right about the one dayers.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Early start, lots of Red Stripe, a cuban cigar and Onion bhaji's (a cricketing staple for me and the lads), a few cheap strip pubs nr the Oval or the Griffin on Clerkenwell Road, then a piss up up West. ACE

That is pure class right there. Red Stripe, a Cuban Ceee-gar and Onion Bhaji's is a magnificent combination.

Guest PaddyBerger15
not quite as good as a line of coke snorted off the fanny of a young czech vrigin

Well yeah....fair enough. I didn't realize that the Brit Oval allowed that inside the ground.

I love these little chases, especially when time is a factor ie the batting team either buckles down for the draw if a load of wickets are lost or the weather reduces the amount of overs possible. For some reason, teams often find it tough chasing a total of 150-200, especially when the first wicket falls before the score reaches 20. Should be an interesting day.