You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This is fucking bizzare this as I haven't posted on here for ages. John Barnes come into our work this afternoon, right into my fucking office. It was about 3.00 - 3.30pm.

I was sitting there with my work mate while the greatest player I have ever seen in a red shirt was standing there waiting for keys for a mini bus.

I work for a Housing firm in town and John Barnes does a lot of work with kids in some of the areas that we have houses in. He was taking the mini bus as he was taking kids out somewhere. John Barnes in a Mini Bus. Whats happening with the world?

Anyway, I never spoke to him. I just got real nervous and looked at him in pure awe and probably in a gay way too. Legend.

Negged for forgetting to neg me (if you neg me now you will be a donkey dick sucking revenge negger).

I'm not a Tory. I have never voted in any kind of election.*

*Unless X-Factor counts?

trust me , i fucking tried but this shitty software thingy wouldnt allow

it,

As for revenge negging ? never , not ever just ask Lurchtz, he even called

me a dickhead , and i still never negged the cunt

It has just struck me that you actually keep a close eye on your user cp!!!!!

when i get a chance i am gonna neg you and your strimmer to death.

girl.

I was in Hardman's bar about 10 years ago, I'd just ordered a few becks when I turned around and Digger was standing next to me with Ian Rush and two blondes ! I (for all my sins couldn't just stand there !) so I said to Digger "sorry about this John but you was the greatest player I ever saw where the red shirt" he said don't worry son you never get tired of hearing a complement like that !!!!!! Rushy was to busy to shake my hand, but to be honest I don't blame him the young ladies looked like county road's finest ! Straight form the Black Horse.

Ha you'd say it to Alan Shearer though.

If I remember rightly it was you that spoke to Shearee and the conversation went like this.

Edward: Can I have a photo Alan

Shearer: I don't do photos on the town, how about an autograph?

Edward: How about just half a photograph?

Shearer: Errr errm heeer, mmmm, no mate.

Bezzy mate's sister married Joanna Lumley's son. We were invited round to Joanna's house for dinner. I didn't go coz I was racing that weekend; I have my priorities you know. Anyway my mate said that during dinner, the phone goes and Joanna answered it with the words that only the chosen few can utter. "Oh, hi Whoopie."

It's got fuck all to do with footy, but what do I care?

"John Barnes. Nice one!"

I'd be as embarrassed as a mother fucker if I said that. I sure as hell wouldn't tell anybody.

Not as embarrassed as a Mr Carragher may be if I heard him correctly.

Went to Quinta Do Lago in the Algarve with the kids for a spring holiday at the back end of May. We went out to Vale Do Lobo one night, the scene of the infamous Riise/bellers karaoke incident. Anyway, after some food I went to the beach with the kids. They were doing the usual running away from the tide, picking up shells etc I could heat this highly distinctive scouse accent. And next to me (20 ft away) was a guy with his two kids. The dad was crouched down and really animated, waving his arms and I swear he was telling his kids to 'tell the sea to go away, tell it to piss off' as they shouted the tide came in, they ran back and continued to shout 'Piss off sea, piss off'. It was only a bit later when i was washing the sand off my feet I saw Mr C doing the same and realised who it was on the beach.

Now I may have misheard, but do all footie players tell their kids to tell the sea to piss off ?

John Barnes is a ledge but ive met him twice and twice he burned me. The first time was my first ever match at the grobbelaar testimonial against the blues in 92. Met outside the centenary and my uncle asked for an autograph for me, he replied "have you got a pen", the very second we turned round to ask someone for a pen he was in his car and driving away :0(

The second time was at uni, was walking down bold street n this huge bloke walked into me n nearly knocked me over, i apologised and was grunted at. It was only when i heard some lads behind me say it was John Barnes that i felt the scourned pain of that 9 year old boy again (which i was in 92) :lol:

Still love him tho...the bastard!

trust me , i fucking tried but this shitty software thingy wouldnt allow

it,

As for revenge negging ? never , not ever just ask Lurchtz, he even called

me a dickhead , and i still never negged the cunt

It has just struck me that you actually keep a close eye on your user cp!!!!!

when i get a chance i am gonna neg you and your strimmer to death.

girl.

Negged.

For being a yappy little dog without a bite.

If I remember rightly it was you that spoke to Shearee and the conversation went like this.

Edward: Can I have a photo Alan

Shearer: I don't do photos on the town, how about an autograph?

Edward: How about just half a photograph?

Shearer: Errr errm heeer, mmmm, no mate.

Well he had just spewed his ring in the street.

• 1 year later...
Bezzy mate's sister married Joanna Lumley's son. We were invited round to Joanna's house for dinner. I didn't go coz I was racing that weekend; I have my priorities you know. Anyway my mate said that during dinner, the phone goes and Joanna answered it with the words that only the chosen few can utter. "Oh, hi Whoopie."

It's got fuck all to do with footy, but what do I care?

Gotta hate name droppers.

Clint Eastwood taught me that.