You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know its more nonsense to go with the whole Ronaldo saga, but this quote from the Beeb just seemed too incredible not to comment on...

"We can't be blamed if nearly every player wants to come to Real Madrid. If I was Manchester United I'd be happy and proud to be able to negotiate such a transfer for one of my players," he said.

Do you think this guy is just a serial wind up merchant or does he really beleive the things he says?

Real Madrid are the biggest club on the Earth and 95% of all players worldwide would jump at the chance to play for them.

Fact.

Cobblers.

Leaving aside the fact that they were General Franco's club and went more than 30 years without a European Cup once the rest of Europe joined in, plus their epitomising just about all that is wrong with modern corporate football, in just the last few years they've been publicly knocked back by Michael Ballack, Kaka, Cesc Fabregas, Frank Ribery, Ashley Twatting Cole...and Djibril Cisse.

Even Gary Mabbutt once famously turned them down, presumably because they didn't have Audi/Siemens/Gregg's Pasties or whoever else's money at the time.

Real Madrid are the biggest club on the Earth and 95% of all players worldwide would jump at the chance to play for them.

Fact.

I remember Michael Owen saying the same thing. Then being made to look a tit when Patrick Viera told them to fuck off on the same day.

Calderon is a Grade A WUM

--

Rafa Nadal told that Cristiano Ronaldo has signed for Madrid

By David Anderson 9/07/2008

Ramon Calderon has boasted to Wimbledon champion Rafa Nadal that Cristiano Ronaldo has already signed for Real Madrid.

Real nut Nadal was desperate for news about Ronaldo when Calderon congratulated him after his epic win over Roger Federer on Sunday night.

And the Real president told the new king of SW19 to relax because Ronaldo would soon be on his way to the Bernabeu from Manchester United.

Calderon could not stop bragging after meeting Nadal and he told friends: "Do you know what Rafa said to me after everything that had happened in the final?

"He said: 'OK, pres, where's this Cristiano Ronaldo we're supposed to be signing?' I said to him: 'Don't worry Rafa, relax, everything is under control, we've got him signed'." Calderon's bravado contradicts his claims on Monday that Ronaldo must hand in a transfer request.

The Spaniard's comments will also do little to ease strained relations between United and Real and the Reds have had enough of his attempts to unsettle the winger. Calderon avoided an embarrassing meeting with United chief executive David Gill in Nyon on Monday by flying instead to Madrid for a board meeting.

Yet United are adamant Ronaldo, 23, will still be with them when he returns from his ankle surgery at the end of next month