You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

joey barton

windass

From a completely club/financial point of view - NO. They paid £6m for him. He would sign on with another Prem team for free and get a hefty signing on fee and probably a bigger wage packet.

Ideally if they could afford to - make sure he never plays football again. Let the fucker rot for the next 5 years. No doubt, during that time he would have pissed all his money away as well.

That would be the best solution imho.

Funny how he never hit the big fella right near the end.. I think that footage would have ended very differently if he had!!!

I wouldn’t bet on that.

Barton lists boxing as a hobby.

He spent a lot of time in the ring as an amateur apparently.

This is how Dabo, his 30 y/o Man City tea mate, looked two weeks after his slapping.

_44795692_dabo.jpg

I wouldn't want to piss Barton (sorry Joseph) off.

Barton cleared over taxi damage

30 May 08 | England

Joey Barton is jailed for assault

20 May 08 | England

Footballer in court over assault

12 Mar 08 | Merseyside

Barton gets fine but escapes ban

10 Oct 06 | Man City

Barton is fined over hotel fracas

27 Jul 05 | Man City

Fan struck by football star's car

05 May 05 | Merseyside

not one single on the pitch headline since 2005.

Barton cleared over taxi damage

30 May 08 | England

Joey Barton is jailed for assault

20 May 08 | England

Footballer in court over assault

12 Mar 08 | Merseyside

Barton gets fine but escapes ban

10 Oct 06 | Man City

Barton is fined over hotel fracas

27 Jul 05 | Man City

Fan struck by football star's car

05 May 05 | Merseyside

not one single on the pitch headline since 2005.

Ironically his book should be a good read - How I Punched My Way To The Bottom.

It all depends on the terms of his contract as to whether he should be sacked. Perhaps he could be sacked and then Newcastle could sue him for his market worth, following the Chelsea/Mutu precedent.

Maybe he's breached his contact-most companies say that their employees must behave in a manor not detrimental to the employers.

Redtop Reprise

Taylor in Disbelief

PFA chairman, Gordon Tayor, today said that he was “In disbelief” at the way one of his union's members has been treated by the club he plies his trade for. Oxford United’s young midfielder, Edwin Congo, has recently been arrested after being found at the scene of a robbery with a shotgun in one hand and a small black bag with the word “Swag” written on it in the other. The police have said that he is likely to spend a minimum of 5 years in prison and as such the player has been released from his contract with the Oxfordshire club. Congo has stated “I have confessed to the police, I am in a very dark place at the moment and it drove me to this. I can only apologise to all my family and friends for letting them down so badly”. Taylor has come out in defence of his member: “How can football clubs look at themselves in the mirror, it amazes me how they always shun the responsibility for these situations. He is a young lad earning good money and has not been warned about the dangers of the temptations that this will bring…armed robbery obviously being one of them. If only players were absolved of any blame for any of their actions then we could actually move forward as a national game, unfortunately due to the short sightedness of club chairmen I fear this may never happen”