You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not yet but I've watched the trilogy about 5 times now and I cant remember the last time I watched a Bond movie. So if we're talking over the past 2 years, Bourne wins in terms of most watched and certainly most enjoyed.

Maybe so, but you're in a minority.

.... actually ignore that. Over the last 2 years then fair enough, but you'll eventually go back to Bond. We're all Bond whores really.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The books are better than the films (Fleming's ones are, at any rate - I've only read one by Gardner and it was awful). I think they should have taken Bond back to the fifties - forget all of the modern tech and show him how he was originally intended.

The books are better than the films (Fleming's ones are, at any rate - I've only read one by Gardner and it was awful). I think they should have taken Bond back to the fifties - forget all of the modern tech and show him how he was originally intended.

I understand where you're coming from there muchacho, but it just wouldn't have worked for so many reasons.

First of all, the very nature of Bond is that it goes on chronologically - it is the same character who has gone through all of the missions caught on screen and they all happen after the previous one. If they had gone back to the fifties, the series would be unnecessarily jilted.

Also, the producers will always strive to go as far as they can in terms of technology to keep us all watching - although this tactic has backfired, notably with the embarrassment which was Moonraker.

All of Fleming's original titles have been turned into films now anyway, so it gives the current producers wider scope to expand and bring Bond into the modern day.

The producers back in the sixties didn't make the most of the great storylines they had at their disposal - cold war, Cuban missile crisis etc. - I agree with that. But that shouldn't be a reason to take Bond back to those days.

I understand where you're coming from there muchacho, but it just wouldn't have worked for so many reasons.

First of all, the very nature of Bond is that it goes on chronologically - it is the same character who has gone through all of the missions caught on screen and they all happen after the previous one. If they had gone back to the fifties, the series would be unnecessarily jilted.

I can see what you're saying, but they've set a precedent with Royale for disregarding earlier films - why not just rehash it totally?

I thought the Bourne films were pretty formulaic to be honest and wasn't that impressed by them.

(1) Bourne at peace

(2) Something happens

(3) Mysterious CIA/NSA man wants bourne dead

(4) stands in CCTV room sayig "get me her driving license now!"

(5) Foreign police force with funny sirens starts looking for him

( 6 ) Bourne and 'a bird' run away

(7) CIA man says 'activate the asset'

(8 ) A sniper wakes up in some hotel room

(9) Sniper and bourne have a fight, bourne stabs sniper with a pen

(10) Cia man's underling realises he's a shadester and has him arrested

(11) Bourne goes to live somewhere hot with his bird

homer.smile.gif

"It's funny 'cos it's true."

Homer would kick both their butts. Look...

osama-homer.jpg

I thought the Bourne films were pretty formulaic to be honest and wasn't that impressed by them.

(1) Bourne at peace

(2) Something happens

(3) Mysterious CIA/NSA man wants bourne dead

(4) stands in CCTV room sayig "get me her driving license now!"

(5) Foreign police force with funny sirens starts looking for him

( 6 ) Bourne and 'a bird' run away

(7) CIA man says 'activate the asset'

(8 ) A sniper wakes up in some hotel room

(9) Sniper and bourne have a fight, bourne stabs sniper with a pen

(10) Cia man's underling realises he's a shadester and has him arrested

(11) Bourne goes to live somewhere hot with his bird

Negged for making me shake my head in disgust.

homer.smile.gif

"It's funny 'cos it's true."

Homer would kick both their butts. Look...

osama-homer.jpg

Negged for agreeing with a post which made me shake my head in disgust.

• 2 months later...

I was really looking forward to hearing Jack White give some on a bond tune and have Keys doing some swooping vocals over it, I thought the idea was a good one...that is a really poor bond tune though.

It's no Chris Cornell creation that's for sure.

a7j93Bf-EyI

Great Bond tune. He got it.

And why are Bond tune so much better when you're watching a montage of running, punching and exploding stuff? They so are.