You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Creative players tend to cost more & we aren't exactly flush with cash. The fact that Moores loaned the club £10m to purchase Kuyt pre-Hicks & Gillette shows how skint we were even then.

Its a myth you have to pay big money to sign creative players, Diego and V.der Vaat have both been avaiable in the last few years for as little as £4m each, Van Persie only cost Arsenal around £3.5m and Petrov only cost Man city £4.5m. if you look in the right areas you will find quality in any position for affordable prices, its all about the scouting.

Its a myth you have to pay big money to sign creative players, Diego and V.der Vaat have both been avaiable in the last few years for as little as £4m each, Van Persie only cost Arsenal around £3.5m and Petrov only cost Man city £4.5m. if you look in the right areas you will find quality in any position for affordable prices, its all about the scouting.

True and that is the benefit of Wenger having 10 years at the helm whereby he can scout players at a young age and sign them for a relatively small fee. Rafa has adopted a similar policy and hopefully some of his young recruits will make the grade in the next couple of years. Petrov isn't good enough for LFC. Excellent crosser of the ball, but very lazy. I know Van Der Vaart went on the cheap when he left Ajax but he was v injury prone at the time. When has Diego been available for £4m in recent years?

True and that is the benefit of Wenger having 10 years at the helm whereby he can scout players at a young age and sign them for a relatively small fee. Rafa has adopted a similar policy and hopefully some of his young recruits will make the grade in the next couple of years. Petrov isn't good enough for LFC. Excellent crosser of the ball, but very lazy. I know Van Der Vaart went on the cheap when he left Ajax but he was v injury prone at the time. When has Diego been available for £4m in recent years?

Diego cost Werder Bremen £4m from Porto.

I love King Luis, its a shame the 2 original Spainairds( Xabi and Luis) have left the club already.

a)Josemi was the original spaniard, he was rafas first signing.

b)Alonso is still a Liverpool player, and unless Juve up their bid he will be next season.

Whilst Rash & Xabi D first post were predictable in the extreme so was Coop and Hamstrungs first rebuttle posts just as predictable to be fair to coop he then went into length as to why the original posters were wrong.

Luis Garcia, great little player and if he had played against Chelsea in this seasons semi final we might have got through, there again we might not have.

His best position was just behind Crouch but sadly he never got enough games to prove it but when he did play there he was very good for us

a)Josemi was the original spaniard, he was rafas first signing.

b)Alonso is still a Liverpool player, and unless Juve up their bid he will be next season.

Obviously i was only including the good ones ;) therefore Joesmi doesn't count. Also on Xabi given the way he has been treated i dont really see how he can stay.

Rashid, just give it a fucking rest will you. I've hardly read the ff this week, but whenever I have you've been acting the twat repeating yourself on every thread and pissing people off. Stop it, or I'm gonna start issuing temporary bans as you really need to think about what you are posting.

Does this temporary ban thing only apply to me or does it also apply to ridiculous bullying and name calling the resident internet warriors do to myself and others? There has to be some consistency Dave, because it is sowly becoming like "one bad apple" scenario socially excluding those who "don't fit in".

Whilst Rash & Xabi D first post were predictable in the extreme so was Coop and Hamstrungs first rebuttle posts just as predictable to be fair to coop he then went into length as to why the original posters were wrong.

Luis Garcia, great little player and if he had played against Chelsea in this seasons semi final we might have got through, there again we might not have.

His best position was just behind Crouch but sadly he never got enough games to prove it but when he did play there he was very good for us

I feel like Paul Tomkins now.

Does this temporary ban thing only apply to me or does it also apply to ridiculous bullying and name calling the resident internet warriors do to myself and others? There has to be some consistency Dave, because it is sowly becoming like "one bad apple" scenario socially excluding those who "don't fit in".

Agree with that, there are some right vicious idiots on here who will call you the nastiest shit if you present an opinion different from theirs. Take this Sypee chap for example he repeatidly negs me calling me a cunt, rubbish, fuckwit etc if i post something daring to question Rafa even though i've never engaged in any conversation on here with him.

Agree with that, there are some right vicious idiots on here who will call you the nastiest shit if you present an opinion different from theirs. Take this Sypee chap for example he repeatidly negs me calling me a cunt, rubbish, fuckwit etc if i post something daring to question Rafa even though i've never engaged in any conversation on here with him.

the thing is, you and rash ruing EVERY thread on here with your negativity! even if the original post has NOTHING to do with Rafa and his transfer policies you two thundercunts will still roll in with "yeah, but Rafa is shit"

Don't quote him, please.

I have you on ignore because me not rising to your shite is a good thing for the site. Its easier if you aren't quoted. Given the owner of the site has requested people don't quote you, and only today has requested you censor yourself a little, maybe taking that tone isn't the wisest move.

Personally, I think its all good, because if you carry on you'll get fucked off I would have thought.

the thing is, you and rash ruing EVERY thread on here with your negativity! even if the original post has NOTHING to do with Rafa and his transfer policies you two thundercunts will still roll in with "yeah, but Rafa is shit"

Even if you find that to be the case it doesn't given people the right to insult others in such a manner, would you or others insult the man on the street like that if he pissed you off? i highly doubt it.

Even if you find that to be the case it doesn't given people the right to insult others in such a manner, would you or others insult the man on the street like that if he pissed you off? i highly doubt it.

On the street? 99% of the lads on here you wouldn't notice, they usually have their head down.