You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

how much

bigredruss

Jo may well turn out to be a bargain at that price. He may turn out to be utter shite. Truth is, until a player has had a season with a manager that knows why he bought him and what system he fits into nobody knows.

This is what would worry me if I was a City fan, the player has been bought by the chairman, not the manager. You only have to look at what happened to Shevchenko to highlight this. Best striker in Europe for seasons but a square peg in a round hole at Chelsea and £30+ million wasted.

Players needed to be looked at by a manager not a chairman with no experience of picking or training a team.

It's like a real life version of Champ Manager to half of these meglomaniacs.

Its a Pini Zhavi signing and he's not that bad at spotting players.

Its a Pini Zhavi signing and he's not that bad at spotting players.

My point appears to have been lost on you.

Again, the manager didn't sign him.

The manager picks the team and knows what type of player he wants, not the scout.

The manager should be sending scouts out with a prerequisite of what he wants to enhance his team in a sytem chosen by him not just some random player, regardless of how good he is.

My point appears to have been lost on you.

Again, the manager didn't sign him.

The manager picks the team and knows what type of player he wants, not the scout.

The manager should be sending scouts out with a prerequisite of what he wants to enhance his team in a sytem chosen by him not just some random player, regardless of how good he is.

Boo hoo the manager didn't sign him, its 2008 it shouldn't seem absurd that someone other than the manager is selecting/signing players.

Boo hoo the manager didn't sign him, its 2008 it shouldn't seem absurd that someone other than the manager is selecting/signing players.

Thank you for proving to me that you know nothing about the game.

I won't be bothering with you anymore.

Thank you for proving to me that you know nothing about the game.

I won't be bothering with you anymore.

Why because i suggest someone other then the mythical all-knowing managers dare to make signings? get your head out of the stones ages mate.

How do you know Mark Hughes didn't sanction this signing too?

I don't and there's nowhere I've stated that he hasn't. I said it would worry me if I thought the chairman was buying players instead of the manager and lets be honest here, do you really think that sort of behaviour isn't in keeping with the man Shiniwatra is? Just look at what he did to Eriksson.

I highlighted the Shevchenko signing as an example. Look at the trouble that caused. It was the begining of the end with the relationship between manager and chairman.

I don't and there's nowhere I've stated that he hasn't. I said it would worry me if I thought the chairman was buying players instead of the manager and lets be honest here, do you really think that sort of behaviour isn't in keeping with the man Shiniwatra is? Just look at what he did to Eriksson.

I highlighted the Shevchenko signing as an example. Look at the trouble that caused. It was the begining of the end with the relationship between manager and chairman.

Jo isn't really a "Chairman's" signing though is it? Shinawatra wouldn't have a clue at who he is. This looks like a signing made by an advisor/agent or a chief scout.

On the flip side look at Real Madrid, Ac Milan, Barcelona, Sevilla and countless other European clubs who still manage to sucessed and buy good players despite (shock horror) someone other then the manager selecting the players bought.