You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

how much

bigredruss

Probably a good signing for Bolton here but £10M?

Bolton have completed the capture of Sweden international Johan Elmander from Toulouse.

Elmander has signed a three-year contract and seals a deal Gary Megson has been looking to finalise for six months.

While no fee has been announced, it is estimated to be around the £10million mark, eclipsing the club record free Bolton paid Fenerbahce for Nicolas Anelka.

They paid Torres money for a young Brazilian kid who only really came good in Russia(where there are only two other STRONG sides). He scored a dozen goals or so in a few years in Brazil.

I'd be a bit worried if I was Hughes.

edit: Three. I totally forgot Lokomotiv Moscow

Thats why i was surprised at Hughes taking the job. You have to wonder how much say he is going to have in transfers, and then also in the team selections etc. Didnt think he would have gone along with that but then he is an ex manc :p

Jo isn't actually a bad player but the fee Man city paid is absurd. He has the potential to be good buts he's no Aguero/Bojan which is what i would expect for that price.

Bloody hell. If Aguero was available for 19M every club would be in for him. He'll cost a lot more than that when we buy him.;)

Jo may well turn out to be a bargain at that price. He may turn out to be utter shite. Truth is, until a player has had a season with a manager that knows why he bought him and what system he fits into nobody knows.

This is what would worry me if I was a City fan, the player has been bought by the chairman, not the manager. You only have to look at what happened to Shevchenko to highlight this. Best striker in Europe for seasons but a square peg in a round hole at Chelsea and £30+ million wasted.

Players needed to be looked at by a manager not a chairman with no experience of picking or training a team.

It's like a real life version of Champ Manager to half of these meglomaniacs.