You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

windass

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

If you don't want to watch Live Aid or whatever, just turn the telly off.

It's hardly Africa's fault.

Yeah I'd find it hard to get annoyed with an event that raised over $200 million for charity. Even with UB40 performing on it.  

28 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

In any part of an entire continent? 

I'm quite happy to say that I wouldnt live in Africa and at least 2 further continents, Antarctica and Australia. None of them appeal to me. 

On 27/06/2008 at 17:27, Section_31 said:

Aye

I really don't need Philip Schofield's African insights to be quite frank. And I don't want to join hands and shout 'we can make a change' because, quite frankly - we can't.

If we could the UK wouldn't have invaded Iraq, let alone not solved Africa's prblems.

They really should just shut the fuck up and play some music.

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Was there a media saturation about Africa in 2008?

Really weird thread this.

@Section_31 - Secshy, where are we on this campaign?

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It was more the early comments on it. 

God bless Africa. I'd never want to live there.  

Large parts of the fucking massive continent Africa are great and that’s why I move there next year. 

Places have their problems, but, like everywhere, you look and you will find.

Really looking forward to turning my back on Blighty for a while and I’d recommend others try the same.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Large parts of the fucking massive continent Africa are great and that’s why I move there next year. 

Really looking forward to turning my back on Blighty for a while and I’d recommend others try the same.

If you need a hookup for hydroxycholroquine I know a guy....

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Where are you moving to?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Australia is full of right wing racists,as a tory and Rangers fan wouldn't that be right up your street?

Melbourne is fine.. Our Premier is a bit of an activist, and is hated by the rest of the country for it. Queensland on the other hand, yikes... 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not sure if a Labour government has the same history given the treatment of Oz's indigenous people and those refugee internment camps though.

A fair point.  Good old Britain obviously has to take a fair share of culpability for the treatment of aboriginal people as well.  Not that that paints me in a better light!

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Melbourne is fine.. Our Premier is a bit of an activist, and is hated by the rest of the country for it. Queensland on the other hand, yikes... 

Who hates Dan Andrews?  (apart from skaro that is).

I think you might be hyperbolising a tad there aRdja.

10 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Who hates Dan Andrews?  (apart from skaro that is).

I think you might be hyperbolising a tad there aRdja.

The Liberal MPs and right wing commentariat attack Dan Andrews on a daily basis over pretty much anything... Hazelwood just this morning for example.

(I like DA, I like that he doesn’t seem to give a flying fuck)

20 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The Liberal MPs and right wing commentariat attack Dan Andrews on a daily basis over pretty much anything... Hazelwood just this morning for example.

(I like DA, I like that he doesn’t seem to give a flying fuck)

That is hardly the rest of the country dude.  That is a few noisy people earning a dishonest living.

• Upvote 1