You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tags

dave u

Can someone explain to me what the hell these tags on the bottom of pages are, and what they are for?

I was on a thread there, and there was a tag saying 'admin Zamorano'. What the fuck does that mean? I'm 'admin' and Salas is my evil twin, but what's Zamorano got to with it? Do people have to add their own tags, and what's the point of them?

I know I should know this shit as I'm the one who installed it and all, but someone help me out here?

They also help with SEO but mainly it's just for site categorisation. You'll no doubt be able to install a tag cloud mod to the site too. That means there's a little box with some keywords in it (The tags) if a tag gets used on more and more threads, the tag in the tag cloud becomes bigger to show that it's a popular topic on the forum.

They also help with SEO but mainly it's just for site categorisation. You'll no doubt be able to install a tag cloud mod to the site too. That means there's a little box with some keywords in it (The tags) if a tag gets used on more and more threads, the tag in the tag cloud becomes bigger to show that it's a popular topic on the forum.

There is one already. Click on "tags", popular tags right now is "Quaresma" and "ginger"

Our cloud [..]

"admin zamorano" albert einstein avatars clique cuntflapps darius danesh festivals 2009 football ginge fuckers fucking loon ginger ginger quaresma harraser ginger quaresma powers glenn hysén haschish homosexuality intellectually challenged irat jasmine tea lettres de mon moulin lord of the flies mental paul daniels' spunkcheese poo quaresma fantasies quaresmas of the world... quarsma fantasies sexual healing stu monty fuck-ups the asian nakamura tits wizbit

They help you categorize and search through threads. Everyone can tag. If you click on the word "tags" you'll see a tag cloud of the most popular tags. Great function, will help us alot!

Right - I get how to do them, but how will they help us (apart from releasing endorphins every time we chuckle at another amusing one)?

Right - I get how to do them, but how will they help us (apart from releasing endorphins every time we chuckle at another amusing one)?

If it was used properly and people tagged the thread properly, you could tag "Shit music" and then if you searched for that tag, the search engine would throw up all tags containing "Shit music" and thus you would get every thread Stu Monty had created on The GF.

If it was used properly and people tagged the thread properly, you could tag "Shit music" and then if you searched for that tag, the search engine would throw up all tags containing "Shit music" and thus you would get every thread Stu Monty had created on The GF.

I suspected as much. So there goes that idea, then.

• 13 years later...