You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

keep

windass

I'm 24 and I still live at home!!! It's fucking brilliant. I had my own flat in Newcastle when I was in Uni for four years but it was too dear to get one here!!

I give my mum £400 a month. But I earn more than her so I suppose that's different........

Fucking hell! You could get your own pad for that!

I'm 24 and I still live at home!!! It's fucking brilliant. I had my own flat in Newcastle when I was in Uni for four years but it was too dear to get one here!!

I give my mum £400 a month. But I earn more than her so I suppose that's different........

heaton,fenham ?...you wouldnt expect Liverpool to be that dear. :smile:

Piss off, rent on a place would be near on £100 alone, plus Ctax, and utilities. depending on their wages i would go the way RobbieOR's parents do, percentage wise.

You've all got off lightly, i was living on me todd, supporting myself in my own house (long story) from the age of 15. Working, School, then working almost full time and college full time.

I thought that.

£400 quid is harsh too! I pay £150 a month to my ma.

£150 fuck me mate that's good going. You get as much as you can eat and I bet your Mam does your washing for you?

I'd say it's you who's harsh, wait till you get your own gaff. Wake up and smell the coffee will really mean something then.

£150 fuck me mate that's good going. You get as much as you can eat and I bet your Mam does your washing for you?

I'd say it's you who's harsh, wait till you get your own gaff. Wake up and smell the coffee will really mean something then.

Too right. When I came back home for a year after uni, I used to chip my ma about £300 a month then (2000-01) and thought I was getting off lightly.

A mate of mine is 29 and still hasn't moved out and has no idea of the cost of running his own gaff. I tell him all the time, he really doesn't have a clue how much it will cost him when he finally moves out.

Most rent is about £500 a month these days.

Then add Council Tax

Then add leccy and gas

Then add water

Then add your telly licence

Then add sky/broadband (if you want them)

Then add travel costs to/from work.

Then add monthly food.

£400 a month all in? Yes please!

you sound quite streetwise. :sniff:

how much do your kids pay for their keep? mine pay £30 weekly each. they moan at that. I say fuck off if you dont like it!...they wont go. :lol::laugh:

They'll be paying a lot less soon when they put you in a dodgy nursing home you senile auld twat. O_o

Piss off, rent on a place would be near on £100 alone, plus Ctax, and utilities. depending on their wages i would go the way RobbieOR's parents do, percentage wise.

You've all got off lightly, i was living on me todd, supporting myself in my own house (long story) from the age of 15. Working, School, then working almost full time and college full time.

Depends on two things though, you're wage for one, If i was a parent and my kid was on 15k a year I wouldn't expect anything like £400 a month from them, no way.

Also, it'd be worth paying everything you mention, bills, tax etc if it was for an entire house or flat I could call my own, but what I pay the old girl essentially just gets me a room. I couldn't host a party here, I couldn't get a lodger to help me out with the rent, and even at this age I wouldn't dare bring a bird back here I'd pulled in a bar.

Plus, my family gets paid back in all sorts of other ways, If they need running anywhere for example, doctors, hospitals, or if my mother needs to go the shops/sister needs to visit mates I'll drive them and not take any petrol money, I reckon I take someone somewhere at least five times a week.

I know exactly how hard it's going to be when I move out. I've been looking for places for the last 3 months and continue to do so. Yeah I know I've got it good on £150 a month, but I do chip in with the shopping too and to be honest my mum is pretty sound I know I could be paying more. I was just saying if she charged me £400 I'd be a bit gutted though considering you could probably have your own flat for that!