You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Penalties?

Remmie

What a load if drivel. How do you know that he didn't and Klopp was like, 'yeah, good joke'. If you're not a good penalty taker, don't be a brainless twat and put yourself forward just to appease brainless supporters. Good leadership is about putting the right people in the right places.

He could've, I just thought he sort of hang Can out to dry a little bit. A minor quibble, of course, as he had a good game overall. He could've probably done a bit better for their goal, but we were unlucky to concede the goal anyway.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He could've, I just thought he sort of hang Can out to dry a little bit. A minor quibble, of course, as he had a good game overall. He could've probably done a bit better for their goal, but we were unlucky to concede the goal anyway.

He hung Can out to dry? You do realise that he doesn't pick who takes the pens, right? Can is a very good penalty taker.

I always thought Hyppia and Carragher were shitbags for not taking one in 2005.

Hang on a minute, no. I didn't think that and I doubt anyone else in the entire world did.

You don't have to be a leader to be a good player, but Sami definitely had issues leading the team hence Gerard removed the armband from him. So yeah I wouldn't have expected him to step up. Fair point re Carra.

Jan Molby best penalty taker I've seen play for us.

I don't remember him missing any.

He missed one against Chelsea in December 1989. Saved by Dave Beasant. Still won 5-2. Happy were the days when Liverpool, if they weren't on ITV on Sunday, would be on RTÉ on Saturday. Happier were the days because they'd regularly wallop teams like that and were especially lush that day. I believe it was the last time we scored three in a league match at Stamford Bridge until this season.

This is bonkers. You want your best penalty takers hitting them first. Id wager Can, a centre mid with a fine shot on him takes a better pen then our centre backs.

Not to mention weve no idea who picked the takers, the order they went in or who put themselves forward.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Speak for yourself. It took the shine off winning the European Cup, for me.

I, as I'm sure we all did, shouted 'cunts' as Dudek saved the pen. Utter fucking disgrace it was. He even pretended to have cramp at the end of the game just to get out of it.

I'm sure I read some statistic a few years ago that stated the team that takes the first penalty tends to win 55 to 60% of the time. I think all the lottery stuff is a load of rubbish, it's pretty much all down to mental strength, as people have noted on the other threads players who have a forlorn body language when they are approaching often miss the ensuing penalty.