You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My son is such a twat

She Knows It

• 1 year later...

Part 276...

He asked if he could go to Bromborough with his mate today. I gave him lunch money and bus fare and told him to be home by 3.

At 3 o'clock the phone rang. It was him to tell me they'd missed the bus and would be late. I told him not to worry, there's a bus up here every 10 minutes so just get the next one. The phone rings again 10 minutes later and he said "I missed that bus because I'd gone to phone you". I said I didn't need a bi-minutely bulletin, just get the next bus.

10 minutes later the phone goes again. "I've missed the next bus again". I'm getting a tad annoyed by now, and said "For God's sake, Cal. Stop ringing me, just get on the next bloody bus!". He said "I can't. I've spent all my bus fare calling you to tell you I've missed the bus. You'll have to come and pick me up".

• Upvote 1

Part 276...

He asked if he could go to Bromborough with his mate today. I gave him lunch money and bus fare and told him to be home by 3.

At 3 o'clock the phone rang. It was him to tell me they'd missed the bus and would be late. I told him not to worry, there's a bus up here every 10 minutes so just get the next one. The phone rings again 10 minutes later and he said "I missed that bus because I'd gone to phone you". I said I didn't need a bi-minutely bulletin, just get the next bus.

10 minutes later the phone goes again. "I've missed the next bus again". I'm getting a tad annoyed by now, and said "For God's sake, Cal. Stop ringing me, just get on the next bloody bus!". He said "I can't. I've spent all my bus fare calling you to tell you I've missed the bus. You'll have to come and pick me up".

:wow:

Part 276...

He's going to be an absent-minded scientist. He'll cure cancer but forget to breathe.

Cal rules! Tell him I've repped him in spirit. I think I might try that one myself next time I want a lift and can't be arsed with a) getting the bus b) walking from the bus stop and c) want to spend a bit longer away from home. That move was genius, I'm impressed.

Part 276...

i'd teach him to write his name in joined up writing twenty times a day and

then show him how to interact with obnoxious arrogant people.its wont help him acquire any common sense but it'll help him in his adult life when he's got to sign on every week! :biggrin:

Part 276...

Hahahaha, ever get the feeling you've been taken for a ride? (Or, in this case taken to GIVE a ride).

This is the 10 year old. He just went to bed, and got changed and came back down for a drink with his top off. His arms were all bruised and I asked what he'd done. He said "Oh that's from Charities Week".

For one week every year in school the kids take a load of slummy in every day, and the older kids run stalls and stuff at playtime and all the money goes to charity. Anyway, I thought he must've been doing an assault course or something and fallen off. When I questioned him further he told me he'd got the bruises from 'Penny a Smack'. He very proudly informed me that he'd raised 11 Pounds and 79 pence. So I asked "You mean you actually let people smack you for money?"

For the princely sum of 1 shiny penny my son has been letting other kids punch him. 1,179 times it seems. He told me a massive year 6 lad had nearly knocked him out. When I asked him why the hell he'd done it he looked at me like I was soft and said "It was for a good cause".

I don't know whether to feel proud, or make him an appointment with a psychologist. I despair of the lad. One day he's going to end up as the dozy sidekick of a megalomaniac.

And the teaching staff allowed this ?????

The problem with common sense is it's not that common.

Massively funny post tho! The bus fare episode could have come from a sit-com! Laugh? I thought my legs would never dry

Part 276...

Sounds like hes got you worked out.

Cal rules! Tell him I've repped him in spirit. I think I might try that one myself next time I want a lift and can't be arsed with a) getting the bus b) walking from the bus stop and c) want to spend a bit longer away from home. That move was genius, I'm impressed.

I gotta with Dirk on this. This kid knows exactly what he is doing.

Part 276...

What a hero.

Part 276...

Brilliant.

Part 276...

263606357_o.jpg

Sorry SKI, but you've been played.

By an eleven-year-old.

I don't think he's got the nouse for it to have been a ploy. He's not that forward-thinking, bless him.

I should point out as well that since I originally posted this thread, he has started boxing at Vauxhalls. I hate it. I'm hoping they go bust and the gym gets shut down. On the plus side, I've told him that his fists are now classed as lethal weeapons and if he hits his sister I'll inform the ABA and they'll revoke his licence. It seems to have done the trick thusfar.

I think he wants a mobile, SKI.

James, he doesn't have a mobile, or even 2 mobiles. He has got 3 mobiles. The chances of any one of those 3 being charged and/or locatable at any one time is exactly 0.4%. This is the same child who I have to trust to carry life-saving medication on his person at all times. It's no wonder I've got grey hair.

• Upvote 1

James, he doesn't have a mobile, or even 2 mobiles. He has got 3 mobiles. The chances of any one of those 3 being charged and/or locatable at any one time is exactly 0.4%. This is the same child who I have to trust to carry life-saving medication on his person at all times. It's no wonder I've got grey hair.

I suppose you have given him the money for his credit as well??