You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Thursday and it's Amanda Harrington's column in the Echo...

Kopite

Amanda Harrington: this week’s Desperate Scousewives was my favourite episode yet - and yes, those auditionees were totally genuine! - Amanda Harrington - Columnists - Views & Blogs - Liverpool Echo

Amanda Harrington: this week’s Desperate Scousewives was my favourite episode yet - and yes, those auditionees were totally genuine!

WE’VE finished filming Desperate Scousewives now, and I’ve actually seen the final episode which will go out on E4 on Monday night – but I’m afraid I’m not allowed reveal a single thing about it, you’ll just have to watch it and see for yourselves!

It’s been a bit strange not having a camera crew following me all the time, because I’d got used to having them around.

Once all the scenes were shot, we had a break for Christmas so I was busy with that, but then for the last week I’ve been in bed with a kidney infection so it’s probably been just as well I’ve had the time off.

I’m feeling better now, but I’ve only been up and about for the last few days because it was really bad and I had to go on a course of antibiotics.

I was well enough to watch this week’s episode, though, and I think it was the best of the series so far and everyone has said the same.

On Twitter we were getting lots of positive comments about it.

People were saying they enjoyed the talk I had with Debbie about her modelling assignment and why I’ve chosen never to go topless.

I think for me it was important to say that because one of my main reasons for doing the show was so people could know more about me.

I loved the auditions with George and Joe to win a membership for Playground, they were hilarious.

Amanda Harrington: this week’s Desperate Scousewives was my favourite episode yet - and yes, those auditionees were totally genuine! - Amanda Harrington - Columnists - Views & Blogs - Liverpool Echo

Amanda Harrington: this week’s Desperate Scousewives was my favourite episode yet - and yes, those auditionees were totally genuine!

WE’VE finished filming Desperate Scousewives now, and I’ve actually seen the final episode which will go out on E4 on Monday night – but I’m afraid I’m not allowed reveal a single thing about it, you’ll just have to watch it and see for yourselves!

It’s been a bit strange not having a camera crew following me all the time, because I’d got used to having them around.

Once all the scenes were shot, we had a break for Christmas so I was busy with that, but then for the last week I’ve been in bed with a kidney infection so it’s probably been just as well I’ve had the time off.

I’m feeling better now, but I’ve only been up and about for the last few days because it was really bad and I had to go on a course of antibiotics.

I was well enough to watch this week’s episode, though, and I think it was the best of the series so far and everyone has said the same.

On Twitter we were getting lots of positive comments about it.

People were saying they enjoyed the talk I had with Debbie about her modelling assignment and why I’ve chosen never to go topless.

I think for me it was important to say that because one of my main reasons for doing the show was so people could know more about me.

I loved the auditions with George and Joe to win a membership for Playground, they were hilarious.

Another thread, another example of Section's obvious mistrust and dislike of women.

We get it. They don't like you much. You, in turn, are scared of them.

I like women, I don't like orange cunts. My thread about Katy Perry was more than complimentary.

One wonders what would happen psychologically if her and her ilk realised they aren't attractive.

I went to a party a few months back and it was full of scallys and sameheads. It was a 21st and a friend of my dad's family were hosting it, they are fucking obsessed with this gangster lifestyle and surround themselves with some right fucking mongrels. Strangely enough, they are nice people and have good jobs, they seem to be attracted to the romance of villains.

My point being that the sameheads were there in dresses, heels that made it impossible for them to walk, almost white hair with thick black eyebrows and fake tan everywhere. The thing that bugged me the most is that some of these girls were good looking girls who had spent a lot of time and money to look worse. Had they went for more natural make up and more fitting clothes they would of looked far better. It was all very puzzling.

• 2 years later...

Amanda Harrington disqualified from driving for 20 months

Liverpool model Amanda Harrington was disqualified from getting behind the wheel after admitting drink driving.

The Desperate Scousewives star pleaded guilty to driving while over the limit at a hearing at Sefton magistrates’ court.

The 33-year-old was given a 20 month driving ban and ordered to pay more than £500 in fines, costs and a victim surcharge.

Harrington, of Dapple Heath Avenue in Maghull, was tested after being stopped on January 31 of this year and was found to have drunk more than twice the legal alcohol limit.

She was charged with driving a Range Rover Evoque on Ormskirk Road, after “consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in your breath, namely 85 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeded the prescribed limit.”

Harrington pleaded guilty to drink driving at Sefton magistrates’ court on March 10 and was handed a 20 month disqualification.

That will be reduced by 20 weeks if she completes a Government-approved course before April 22, 2016.

She was also fined £400 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £40 victim surcharge.”

Representatives acting on behalf of Harrington said they did not wish to comment.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/amanda-harrington-disqualified-driving-20-8870073

Desperate Scousewives star and model Amanda Harrington has appeared in court for drink-driving.

The 33-year-old fashion and beauty blogger from Dapple Heath Avenue, Maghull, was stopped by police on Ormskirk Road at 1am on January 31 after she was seen driving with just the “daytime running lights” on a Range Rover Evoque.

Andrew Page, prosecuting at Sefton Magistrates Court on March 10 said that officers suspected that she had been drinking and noted that she “swayed from side to side” as she accompanied them to their vehicle.

After failing a road-side breath test, she was given further tests at Copy Lane Police Station, he said, where a lowest reading gave 85 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of breath (the legal limit being 35mcg/100ml).

Harrington pleaded guilty at her first appearance to driving a vehicle when above the alcohol limit.

After dismissing a somewhat bizarre reference to a criminal record, which he said belonged to a woman from south of England who uses the same name as an alias, solicitor Brian Jackson described Harrington as a self-employed model and blogger and that it was “peculiar problems” that led to the offence.

Harrington had been drinking in Liverpool where she intended to leave the car at a friend’s house, he said.

While out she received a “frantic phone call” saying that her grandmother, who was in hospital after suffering a stroke, had taken a turn for the worse.

She also heard from her mother that her 14-year-old daughter was planning “some sort of a party” at her house, when she was believed to be at a sleep-over at a friend’s house. 

“Its not surprising that her mother said, ‘Get back now’,” Mr Jackson said, “Unfortunately and regrettably it’s something that she reacted to in a way of panic. She got in the car to try and resolve this family panic.”

Jackson told the court that Harrington was the only member of her immediate family who can drive and that she is relied upon to help her mother, who is a full-time carer for her grandfather, and to take her grandparents to hospital appointments. She also uses the car, he said, in respect of various charitable works that she does. 

Asking for magistrates to be lenient and sentence her towards the lower end of their guidelines at 17 months, because of her circumstances, he said she does not normally drink-drive and that he had documentary evidence of parking tickets she’d received for leaving the car in town from when she had an impromptu drink. 

“People in charities and also her family are going to suffer in regard of her not having a licence and I would ask that you help her get back to driving as soon as possible,” he said. 

Fining her £400, ordering that she pays costs and victim surcharge £125, and banning her from driving for 20 months, magistrate Janet Dawkins said, “We have listened very carefully to what Mr Jackson has said and we agree it’s a most unfortunate incident and obviously going to effect you and other family quite severely. Our hands are tied but we take note of your full cooperation and full clean driving licence.

”The reason that the disqualification is not as low as 17 months is that the reading was extremely high. It was right on the edge of the next category and we feel that 20 months reflects that adequately.“

Ms Dawkins did, however, offer Ms Harrington the opportunity to reduce the ban by a quarter if she takes the drink-drive awareness course.

http://www.champnews.com/newsstory.aspx?story=3063476

I doubt very much that people in charities are going to suffer.

She was charged with driving a Range Rover Evoque on Ormskirk Road, after “consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in your breath, namely 85 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeded the prescribed limit.

No, she was charged with driving while well over the alcohol limit. She just happened to be driving a Range Rover Evoque on Ormskirk Road.

A five month ban for drink driving? Really? Is that all it is now?

She was given a 20 month ban. Minimum is 12. However, if the court offer you the impairment course which you have to agree to, pay for privately, and complete by a given date, it will reduce your ban by 25% - in La Harrington's case down to 15 months.

She was given a 20 month ban. Minimum is 12. However, if the court offer you the impairment course which you have to agree to, pay for privately, and complete by a given date, it will reduce your ban by 25% - in La Harrington's case down to 15 months.

Ah, reduced BY 5 months. Misread it.