You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Thursday and it's Amanda Harrington's column in the Echo...

Kopite

It would be genius to pull one of them pretending to be loaded then take her on a date to flares then the lobster pot, making her go halves on everything. Just imagine the look of horror on their face when they realise they actually have to pay for something. 'burr ave got no fucken money, you sed yew weere loaded, when are yer givern me yer credit card ter go shoppin in cricket lad?'

I used to work with a bird who was a bit like this lot. She was tidy and to be fair she had a good heart, but she was of that 'ilk' if you catch my drift. Made me laugh once as she was talking about how she'd been seeing this older fella who was loaded, and her and her mate went around to his condo after a night on the lash. They'd taken some fried chicken with them and he passed them some kitchen roll to wipe their hands. She dumped him for it. This breed of girl really are a strange mix of the sacred and the propane.

I used to work with a bird who was a bit like this lot. She was tidy and to be fair she had a good heart, but she was of that 'ilk' if you catch my drift. Made me laugh once as she was talking about how she'd been seeing this older fella who was loaded, and her and her mate went around to his condo after a night on the lash. They'd taken some fried chicken with them and he passed them some kitchen roll to wipe their hands. She dumped him for it. This breed of girl really are a strange mix of the sacred and the propane.

Insert your own 'old flame' joke here.

• 4 weeks later...
Just seen these 2 tweets from Miss Harrington

Did anyone else think romeo an juliet were real?? I honestly thought they were hahaha #blondemoment!!!

Ok they wasn't real but it was based on a true story!! So half real ;-)

Oh fuck me... first, you follow her on twitter? Fucking hell.

Second, I shouldn't be surprised that she's that daft.

Amanda Harrington is hoping for a second series of Desperate Scousewives - Property News - Property - Liverpool Echo

AND a Happy New Year!

Like many people I’m beginning 2012 with a resolution to lose weight. I don’t know how much I have put on but I certainly have.

It’s not so much Christmas and New Year, as filming Desperate Scousewives.

We spend such long hours filming and, even if we started at 2pm, we had to be in hair and make-up at 8am.

It got so that you grabbed something to eat whenever you could, and it was usually pizza and sandwiches which were brought in.

My fitness and healthy eating regime totally went to pot so it’s a good job I’ve got a couple of months off now so I can get back to my training and eating properly.

I can’t believe Christmas and New Year are finally over – we filmed Christmas for Desperate Scousewives in November so it seems to have gone on forever.

I had my tree up at the beginning of November in my house but it’s not a bad thing because I love Christmas so I didn’t mind.

We finished filming Desperate Scousewives in the third week of December – there are now just two episodes to be aired – and we are all really missing one another now.

We were together for eight weeks solid so now none of us know what to do with ourselves.

We are now waiting to find out if series two will be commissioned but we have to wait for E4 to make the decision based on the ratings.

If they decide to go ahead with another series filming will start around the end of February/March.

We are all hoping for a second series because it did seem to become more popular.

After the first episode aired people didn’t seem to take to it, whether it was the accent or whatever, but people have got to know the characters more and accepted us.

I have no regrets about having done it.

I know one of my main storylines was the feud with Jaiden but I understand that.

It was never going to be a programme about people getting along.

I realise that there has got to be something that makes people stop and say ‘ooh, did you see that?’, something to gossip about.

I played up to that because it was about entertainment.

At first I did wonder what I had done, especially with all the abuse on Twitter but now everyone likes it and everyone is really nice about it.

I have had a really quiet Christmas with my family and spent New Year at San Carlo and then Palm Sugar, followed by a party at a friend’s house.

Now after Scousewives and the festive season it’s time for a bit of a break and a chance to get fitter and healthier.

I have got nothing else lined up – none of us had the time.

So now we will just wait with fingers crossed and hope it’s good news for Desperate Scousewives: Series Two.

Heh, self awareness zero - it wasn't popular because it was one of the shittes things ever commited to film.

I live round the corner from that San Carlo, and walk past it every day. It seems to always be full of pretentious gobshites. I've seen three of our players in there too, so they'd need to bang their heads together. I'll let one of them off though because he is from Uruguay.

Yeah, right.

Good save, Vlad!

Haha,you got me!

The problem is that this was on E4 so if anybody clicked on to the programme while flicking through the channels then that would be more viewers than most things get on there.

I fear there will be a second series and this time all the cast will have to either wear white hoods or paint their faces black to fit in with the perceived demographic of the city lately.

I eagerly await the Hull version of these shows, that'll show everyone up.

I genuinely don't understand the concept of these programmes, someone explained to me over Christmas that they're "scripted reality shows", how the fuck does that work then?

I eagerly await the Hull version of these shows, that'll show everyone up.

I genuinely don't understand the concept of these programmes, someone explained to me over Christmas that they're "scripted reality shows", how the fuck does that work then?

It's just a cheap way of making low-rent crappy television shows. Bare bones writing "Today, Wonkytits, you're going to have to argue with stupidbint again."

• 4 months later...