You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Thursday and it's Amanda Harrington's column in the Echo...

Kopite

It is full of doom and gloom that paper as well. I am scared to leave the house with the dog after reading that paper

So true that.

The Echo seems to revel in crime stories, or any sort of gangster story. I can't remember the last time the front page had any good news on it.

So true that.

The Echo seems to revel in crime stories, or any sort of gangster story. I can't remember the last time the front page had any good news on it.

They do love to report a bit of misery. I remember reading about a blue organising a father and sons day out to the Safari Park, he had 1500 people turn up and the Echo didn't send anyone down to cover his work. Had there been a bit of kickoff they would have been right down there. In short, the Echo is shite now

There's nobody left at The Echo now, it's like a morgue. A lot of good people have been fucked off.

I don't think most people don't realise how dangerous it is to no longer have an independent paper in your city or town which is up to the job, soon the council and police will be able to do whatever the fuck they want and there'll be nobody looking over their shoulders.

There's nobody left at The Echo now, it's like a morgue. A lot of good people have been fucked off.

I don't think most people don't realise how dangerous it is to no longer have an independent paper in your city or town which is up to the job, soon the council and police will be able to do whatever the fuck they want and there'll be nobody looking over their shoulders.

I've noticed that the rather attractive young blonde girl ( Jade Wright) seems to be doing about 5 different jobs in the paper and pops up every other page these days.

How come if all these good people are going , Prentice is still in situ ?

I've noticed that the rather attractive young blonde girl ( Jade Wright) seems to be doing about 5 different jobs in the paper and pops up every other page these days.

How come if all these good people are going , Prentice is still in situ ?

Lay offs mate, they binned off 40-odd people to save cash, problem is it's mostly the people who've been there for decades and know the city inside out.

The main sports people are all still there. But most of the top subs, the arts editor and a good few others have gone.

I was chatting to a bird from the Echo once, she was from London and straight out of college, at one stage she asked me 'is Bootle in Liverpool?'

I shit you not, that's what they want though, low-paid people with plenty of enthusiasm but little else who can be 'molded'. The atmosphere of most big offices is rather sterile now too, wheras they used to be absolute bastions of bad taste and black humour. Now they're just a work place. It really is a shit situation.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but I thought it was hilarious the other day when she said "This week I'm hating - Swine Flu, a few of my mates went Mexico a while back and i'm really worried about it"

Not that she's worried about her mates croaking or the fact that she only hates Swine Flu this week, just the comedy value of her "Loving" really braindead shit like Jalons in Waterloo and some new nail varnish to hating something as serious as swine flu, even though it has not affected her in any way at all.

This week I'm loving Chanel eye cream, the new DJ at the Pan American Bar and Prada perfume. This week I'm hating knife crime, Aids, Peter Sutcliffe and the Ebola virus.

And Swine Flu surely? But loving her Armani face mask.

This week I'm loving Chanel eye cream, the new DJ at the Pan American Bar and Prada perfume. This week I'm hating knife crime, Aids, Peter Sutcliffe and the Ebola virus.

Hahahaha, her column is the only thing in the Echo worth reading.

She can have my "column" anytime (fnarr) even though she has a pair of large hairy caterpillars for eyebrows.